Friday, August 5, 2011

Follow Friday (2)

Welcome to Follow Friday Hosted By Parajunkee.comandAlisoncanread.com



Q.  Talk about the book that most changed or influenced your life (was it a book that turned you from an average to avid reader?  Did it help you deal with a particularly difficult situation?  Does it bring you comfort every time you read it?). 

A.  There are 2 books that changed/influenced my life.  As a child, I hated reading and then I discovered Nancy Drew, specifically The Scarlet Slipper Mystery.  The idea of a young girl figuring out the mystery was AMAZING to me.  
The second book was Beauty: A Retelling of Beauty and the Beast.  I first read this during middle school while my parents were divorcing.  And now, whenever I feel bad, depressed, or just plain yucky, this is the book I read.  

Can't wait to see what everyone else's book is!

Cana

10 comments:

  1. Awww I used to love reading Nancy Drew when I was little! My mom had tons, so I would read those :) great picks!

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, my mom loved Nancy Drew, and was so glad when I finally discovered my love of reading with those books. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower :) I love Nancy Drew books! I remember getting them from the library in elementary school!

    Amanda
    Hippies, Beauty, and Books. Oh My!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amanda,
    Thanks for dropping by. I got mine from our elementary school library too. Actually, until 1996 I still had one of the school's copies :/, Okay, so maybe I forgot to turn it in when I got promoted to middle school.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Nancy Drew growing up!
    I am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cana, thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm now following you back. :D

    I haven't read the Nancy Drew series (if you can believe that - living under a rock! Lol). Must catch up someday.

    Have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've read some many Nancy Drew books that I can't count them anymore. It's where I first learned what a strawberry blonde was!! Great choice.

    New follower. My FF post:

    Lan @ The Write Obsession

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice choice. New follower. Come visit me over at Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hopping through. Love Nancy Drew! Nancy Drew and the Hidden Staircase was my fav I think.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! So glad to see I'm not the only one who LOVED Nancy Drew. I always wanted to be a snoopy strawberry-blonde who was great at solving mysteries and still at the end of the day got to go home and have a great dinner :)
    Thanks for all the comments!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!