Friday, August 12, 2011

La Luxure: Discover Your Blood Lust by C.D. Hussey

Description:


Deep in the heart of the French Quarter, where the Bourbon Street revelry is nothing more than a far off whisper, underground blood-bar La Luxure beckons those with darker tastes through its narrow archway. 

When tourist Julia Brown stumbles unwittingly into Luxure, she first thinks it's nothing more than a swanky Goth club. But when a patron is found dead on the street, drained of blood and covered in bites and marks, Julia begins to fear there's something more sinister lurking below the sleek interior. 

And at the center of it all is Armand Laroque, who awakens a lust she never knew existed and a temptation impossible to resist.


My Review:



La Luxure: Discover Your Blood Lust (Book 1)La Luxure: Discover Your Blood Lust by C.D. Hussey

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


As the first book in the Human Vampire series, it will help to educate you in the ways of live human vampires. When you first meet Julia Brown, you meet an understated engineer who is in desperate need to change her life, make it exciting or at least something to make her humdrum less humdrum. After a fortune teller and a bad "date", she goes to a La Luxure, a underground bar that seems to serve goths. There she meets Armand Laroque, and there is an instant connection. Then a death occurs and she feels that he is somehow connected to it. Through it all, you wonder will they be able to be together, or will their differences keep them apart?

When I first started reading this book, I was pretty sure I knew who was what and what was who. I will say that I was pleasantly surprised through this book as I learned about Live Human Vampires, some blood fetishes, and the beauty of New Orleans. There are some great twists, and you learn to love the characters quickly -- Julia's sister Claire reminds me too much of a friend I had in college!--
I can't wait to read the next book, and am looking forward to more from Ms. Hussey.

Cana

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!