Sunday, August 28, 2011

Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

Description:


Half-vampire Catherine Crawfield is going after the undead with a vengeance, hoping that one of these deadbeats is her father—the one responsible for ruining her mother's life. Then she's captured by Bones, a vampire bounty hunter, and is forced into an unholy partnership.
In exchange for finding her father, Cat agrees to train with the sexy night stalker until her battle reflexes are as sharp as his fangs. She's amazed she doesn't end up as his dinner—are there actually good vampires? Pretty soon Bones will have her convinced that being half-dead doesn't have to be all bad. But before she can enjoy her newfound status as kick-ass demon hunter, Cat and Bones are pursued by a group of killers. Now Cat will have to choose a side . . . and Bones is turning out to be as tempting as any man with a heartbeat.


My Review:

Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1)

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Hmmm, what to say about Cat and Bones- I think words are too hard to describe. First, Cat is a smart-mouthed, vampire killing woman who is still insecure about who she is and what she is. Bones is a several hundred year old vampire who decides to take on the task of training Cat, even though she had already tried to kill him. Through the hunt for some really bad vamps who have decided to make a slave market out of young women, Cat and Bones get close---

Well, I must say that I loved the chemistry between Cat and Bones. First, who doesn't love a relationship that starts out with one trying to kill the other that then later turns into a hot, steamy, loving relationship. I love how Cat had two sides to her: the confident, vampire-killing badass and the insecure, half-vamp who would hide that part of her if she could. Bones was the mostly patient teacher- both in regards to killing vamps and learning to love herself (which in part was through him loving her).

I must say that I was a little irritated how it ended. I like that it wasn't a completely happily ever after ending, but UUURRRRGH! I felt that she took the easy way (and that is all you are getting, since I don't want to give any SPOILERS!).

As a whole, love the book! Great writing and great characters. Looking forward to reading more by Ms. Frost. Highly recommend.

Cana

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!