Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday: Bleeding Hearts by Alyxandra Harvey


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted here (Breaking The Spine), that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:







The Drakes and friends will be tested when an infestation of deadly vampires threatens Violet Hill.

Lucy's cousin Christabel has come to live in Violet Hill, and adjusting to the difference between life in a small mountain town and her home in the city is difficult enough. The strict curfew that Lucy's parents enforce is the worst part. Something really dangerous couldn't possibly happen in this tiny town.
But Christabel has noticed some mysterious happenings, and it seems like Lucy, her boyfriend Nicholas and his brother Connor are all in on a secret that Christabel doesn't understand—one that seems deadly serious. Although she won't admit it, Christabel would love to be in on any secret with Connor Drake. But when she is kidnapped by the ruthless Hel-Blar vampires, Christabel must cause more and more trouble in Violet Hill, Lucy and Connor finally fill Christabel in on all the undead drama. Together, they must find a way to stamp out the Hel-Blar for good.



Why am I waiting for it?


Well, if you haven't read The Drake Chronicles, then you are missing out on a good read.  They are 1. Easy to read, 2. Nothing too deep, but not too easy/boring that makes you put the book down, 3. They are just plan fun to read!


I got addicted to the first 3 about 4 months ago, and I highly recommend them.  I love how Alyxandra writes her characters, and how she spins her own web on how vampires are, what type of vampires there are, and which are friend and which are foe.  I think that if you take the chance to read some of her work, you might get addicted just like me to her vampire teen/ya books.  


Cana

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by our blog! I read Haunting Violet by Alyxandra Harvey and I liked that one, so I might just have to get this one too!

    Amanda
    http://www.hippiesbeautyandbooksohmy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this series, but I think I'll check it out now. THe cover is really cool! Great pick :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda,
    I haven't read Haunting Violet yet, but it on my list (it is getting very long :-0). Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica,
    Highly recommend it. And thanks for dropping a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this one looks gorgeous! I still need to read Haunting Violet, but I can't wait!! Awesome pick, Cana :)

    Stop by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, and thanks for stopping by! This series sounds interesting. I have Haunting Violet which I still need to read, as well. Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Marla! I am wanting to get Haunting Violet so I can read it. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!