Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday: Torrent by Lisa T. Bergren

"Waiting On Wednesday” is a weekly event, hosted by “Breaking the Spine”, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 

What I'm Waiting For:

Torrent (The River of Time Trilogy #3)
By Lisa T. Bergren
Expected Publication Date: September 1st, 2011 by David C. Cook Publishing

When Gabi and Lia finally learn to surf the river of time, they realize they must make hard choices about life and love in the third and final book in the River of Time series.   Gabi and Lia Betarrini have learned to control their time travel, and they return from medieval Italy to save their father from his tragic death in modern times.   But love calls across the centuries, and the girls are determined to return forever—even though they know the Black Plague is advancing across Europe, claiming the lives of one-third of the population. In the suspenseful conclusion of the River of Time series, every decision is about life … and death. 

Why I can't wait?
Well, first, I fell in love with the characters... Especially Marcello, which just reiterates my LOVE for Italian men.  Second, I love a good time travel book, and when you have had the joy of being there in modern times, it makes you wonder what you will do if you went back in time there.  What would it be like?  Would you make it?  Or would they burn you as a witch? 
And finally, Marcello.  Yep, I need to know what happens.  I need to know that Gabi gets back to him, and STAYS with him.  I would personally like to take Gabi's place, but as long as I know he is happy, I can stay in the real world :P.  


So what are you waiting on?
Cana



6 comments:

  1. This TOTALLY looks like something you would like!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. REALLY? What makes this a "Cana" Book? Hmmm? :) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becca, If you desire, I have the first 2 books, and would be more than happy to loan them to you. My mother always taught me to share my books with others! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier! This looks pretty interesting!

    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have given you an award. Please come by and learn more: http://thebookaddictnet.blogspot.com/2011/08/i-would-like-to-thank-academy.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!