Saturday, November 26, 2011

Crave by Melissa Darnell

Description

Savannah Colbert has never known why she's so hated by the kids of the Clann. Nor can she deny her instinct to get close to Clann golden boy Tristan Coleman. Especially when she recovers from a strange illness and the attraction becomes nearly irresistible. It's as if he's a magnet, pulling her gaze, her thoughts, even her dreams. Her family has warned her to have nothing to do with him, or any members of the Clann. But when Tristan is suddenly everywhere she goes, Savannah fears she's destined to fail.
For years, Tristan has been forbidden to even speak to Savannah Colbert. Then Savannah disappears from school for a week and comes back…different, and suddenly he can't stay away. Boys seem intoxicated just from looking at her. His own family becomes stricter than ever. And Tristan has to fight his own urge to protect her, to be near her no matter the consequences….


My Review

Crave
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Savannah has always felt different, especially after 4th grade and all her friends from the Clann refused to be her friends anymore. Now in high school, life is hard, but it gets even harder when the truth is revealed to her. She is half witch/ half vampire, a dhampir, and she is changing.
Tristan has always loved Savannah, but his parents forced him to stay away from her. After many trials, he finally decides the final result is worth the risk and starts pursuing Savannah.
But will their desires and love for each other be enough to survive two different species and the decisions made centuries ago?


First of all, though I really truly enjoyed this book, Savannah irritated me beyond belief. How in the heck can you forget so much that you are told about vampires PLUS not do your own research? On top of that, her need to blame all these things on the witch’s side so she denied that she was becoming a vampire is really annoying. Now I realize that we all did this type of denial (though how many of us actually have discovered that we are 1/2 vampire?), but as an adult now, I see the error of her (and my) ways.


This story is enjoyable, but you really need to get past the first 5 chapters before the story really starts picking up. I had a hard time until after Chapter 5; it was just that the story seemed to drag just a bit. Though I loved the prologue, it was a great attention getter, and I read as fast as I could so I could find out what was going to happen.


I think one of the best parts of this novel is the theme. To me the theme is about accepting who you are, no matter it is good or bad. Savannah must accept that she has strong vampiric tendencies, while Tristan must accept that he is a powerful witch that NEEDS to learn how to use his powers. It isn’t until they both start accepting themselves that their true power and strengths come out.


I did love how the novel ended. That open-ended “what am I going to do, but obey” kind of feeling hanging over it. I couldn’t ask for a better hanging ending. It didn’t leave me upset, but it did make me want to read the next novel now.


Overall, I think this was a great book, and I’m looking forward to reading more in this series. Highly recommend.




Happy Reading!


Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!