Monday, April 9, 2012

The Vampire's Warden by S. J. Wright

Description:


It was a flash in the moonlight, a blur of motion like I'd never witnessed before. No human had the capacity to move like that. When I found myself face-to-face with him there in the meadow, I knew without a doubt that the journal was authentic. I knew that my grandfather hadn't been crazy at all. 


Because a foot away from me stood a vampire.

Sarah Wood reads her grandfather's journal in stunned disbelief. What was once her grandfather's responsibility has passed to her father and now to her. She has become the Warden. Her life will never be the same.



My Review:






My rating: 4 of 5 stars

 This little short story is a cute spin on the vampire craze that is going on right now.  Sarah has inherited the family Inn and also a long kept family secret that involves vampires. 

I liked this novella because it was a good way to start introducing something that could become a great novel series.  Sarah is a great main character, what with her need to be strong for her sister, and to figure out the legacy left to her by her father.  Michael, the mysterious and handsome vampire sounds so wonderful.  I swear, it must be the bad boy complex.  That, and there is something niggling in my mind that says he isn’t as much of a bad boy as someone who desires to do the right thing. 

There is quite a bit of mystery, and a good cliff hanger/**gasp** moment at the end, that made me wish there was more RIGHT NOW!

The only thing that would have made it better would have been more details.  I feel like I’m missing something, maybe something that could have been better explained.  I don’t know.  I think this novella could have easily been made into a full-length novel. 

Overall, I enjoyed this novella, and I’m looking forward to reading the rest in this series.  



Happy Reading!


Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!