Monday, April 30, 2012

Lover Reborn by J.R. Ward


First off, I want to thank my friend and soul sister, Jennifer Jones, for loaning this book to me.  Otherwise I’d still be waiting to read this wonderful book!


Description:


Ever since the death of his shellan, Tohrment is a heartbroken shadow of the vampire leader he once was. Brought back to the Brotherhood by a self-serving fallen angel, he fights again with ruthless vengeance- and is unprepared for a new tragedy. Seeing his beloved in dreams—trapped in a cold, desolate netherworld—he turns to the angel to save his former mate, only to despair at the path he himself must take to set her free. As war with the lessers rages, and a new clan of vampires vies for the Blind King’s throne, Tohr struggles between an unforgettable past, and a future that he doesn’t know he can live with… but can’t seem to turn away from.


My Review:



My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is a beautiful story of redemption, forgiveness and healing. And I must say that I feel that this book was better by far than the last one. 

This is the story of Tohrment and No’One.  Both are people full of heart ache, misery and guilt.  Tohrment’s is the survivor’s guilt.  No’One’s is the guilt of her past.  This is also the story of John Matthew and Xhex, and they both are trying to find their place in a new world of being mated but both being independent people. 

The torturous courtship of Tohrment and No’One had me pulling out my hair.  Yep, I literally screamed a couple of times at the characters to get moving and do what has to be done!  They still moved at a snail pace. 

On the other hand, the action between John Matthew and Xhex was definitely hot and bothered, and kept the lonely reader looking forward to more.  Again, there were times I wanted to yell at them because they were being stupid, but on the whole, I was pleased with their outcome.

To top all this drama, healing, and hurting going on, you actually have two females go into their needing period, one actually being set off by the other.  Talk about trouble right there.  High testosterone plus the needing period equals a whole lot of hormones. 

I really enjoyed this story because not only does it give you hope (because let’s be honest, Tohr’s story was one of the more depressing ones), and it kindly sets up for the next book.  Can I just say how excited I am for Qhuinn, Blay, and Layla?  Ooooh, and what about Xcor?  And the baby?  Nothing but potential, and I see great potential for a high impact story that will have you on the edge of your seats and drooling for more.

Other interesting point to be made for this book was the fact that no bonding scent was released.  Did anyone else notice that?  I wish that there had been some, but do you think that it makes a difference to the relationship? 

Overall, this was good book, and I’m desperately waiting for the next one. 2013 can’t come quick enough.  I highly recommend this book. 


Happy Reading!


Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!