Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Moonblood by Anne Elisabeth Stengl

Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is: 


Description:


Desperate to regain the trust of his kingdom, Prince Lionheart reluctantly banishes his faithful servant and only friend, Rose Red. Now she is lost in the hidden realm of Arpiar, held captive by her evil goblin father, King Vahe. 
Vowing to redeem himself, Lionheart plunges into the mysterious Goldstone Wood, seeking Rose Red. In strange other worlds, Lionheart must face a lyrical yet lethal tiger, a fallen unicorn, and a goblin horde on his quest to rescue the girl he betrayed. 
With the Night of Moonblood fast approaching, when King Vahe seeks to wake the Dragon's sleeping children, Lionheart must discover whether or not his heart contains courage before it's too late for Rose Red...and all those he loves.


Coming out on April 1, 2012


Why?

  1. I don't know why, but it sounds like a great story.  I read the first book in this series (no, I haven't gotten to read the 2nd one yet, but I will).
  2. I love dragons, and though dragons in this novel aren't "good", it still a dragon.
  3. I want to understand what a "fallen" unicorn is.  
  4. Look at the cover!  I mean, she is easy prey, but she looks so at peace (or just plain stupid for not realizing what is coming for her!).  



What are you waiting for?  

Happy Reading!


Cana

2 comments:

  1. OOOh that sounds interesting! I loooove fairy tales and this definitely has the fairy tale quality!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting and the covers kinda cool. I might give this one a try. Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW: http://bibliophilesthoughtsonbooks.blogspot.com/2012/03/waiting-on-wednesday-14-enraptured.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!