Sunday, March 18, 2012

Lover Mine by J. R. Ward

Description:


John Matthew has come a long way since he was found living among humans, his vampire nature unknown. Taken in by The Brotherhood, no one could guess what his true history was-or his true identity. 


Xhex has long steeled herself against the attraction to John Matthew. Until fate intervenes and she discovers that love, like destiny, is inevitable.


My Review:




My rating: 4 of 5 stars

HOT! HOT! HOT!  That is what I have to say about this book!  Xhex and John Matthew make you crave that they would just get to the hot sex and get their heads out of their asses and out of their pasts that are weighing them down.  I loved how Ms. Ward intertwined Xhex and John Matthew (AKA Darrius) and their lives. Getting the background on both Darrius/John Matthew and Xhex as we see their current life compared to their pasts was great. It explained so much on why they were attracted to each other.  Plus, there are definite bonus points on the surprise for Xhex at the end!

There was definite character development and potential love square (Is there such a thing?) between Qhuinn and Blay.  Even the “vision” that happened, has you wondering what the heck is coming up in the future books… Though I will admit that Qhuinn sure as heck annoyed me with all his whining!  He put himself in this situation, he should accept it!

I loved the resolution with Lash.  It was needed so badly, but it really finalized it all in a nice little wrapped up package.  This is not to say that I liked how it ended.  It seemed almost too good to be true with the ending. 

Another great resolution was with Torhment.  He was brought back in the previous book, but now we actually get to see the beginning of the healing process.  But it isn’t easy (which does make it more realistic), and it isn’t completely resolved. 

Overall, this is a good book, and I did enjoy it thoroughly.  I’m definitely looking forward to reading more by Ms. Ward. 



Happy Reading!


Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!