Sunday, March 4, 2012

Stolen Away by Alyxandra Harvey

Description:


For seventeen years, Eloise Hart had no idea the world of Faery even existed. Now she has been abducted and trapped in the Rath of Lord Strahan, King of Faery. Strahan was only meant to rule for seven years, as Faery tradition dictates, and then give up his crown to another. But he won't comply, and now chaos threatens both worlds.

The only one who can break his stranglehold on the Faery court is his wife. . . Eloise's aunt Antonia. Using Eloise to lure Antonia, Strahan captures his wife, desperate to end the only threat to his reign. Now Eloise must become the rescuer. Together with her best friends Jo and Devin, she must forge alliances with other Fae, including a gorgeous protector named Lucas, and Strahan's mysterious son, Eldric-who may or may not betray them. 



My Review:




My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I have read Ms. Harvey’s vampire YA books and enjoyed them, and I thought, why not try her Fae book.  I had thought her vampire books to be perfect “no thinking” material, but what a wonderful and pleasant surprise when I discovered that this book, Stolen Away, was not a “no thinking” book. 


I loved Eloise Hart.  She was a strong and unique senior in high school.  I loved the skeptic in her that prevented her from believing a lot of things about the Fae world.  I felt horrible that she wasn’t prepared for the world of the Fae, just because her family failed to inform her about it.  I especially loved Lucas’ shock that Eloise hadn’t been taught about the fae.  He kept asking what they had taught her. 

Jo, Eloise’s best friend, was hilarious!  And the main reason I thought that was because she reminded me of myself (minus the boy craziness) when I was in high school.  I could think of nothing better than Jo loving a good old fashion play, renaissance faire, and anything that would bring back a time of chivalry to mix up the rock-a-billy style of Eloise. 

The two male love interests of the lead female characters were wonderfully different, but equally similar.  Lucas was truthful and not very mysterious, though extremely old fashioned, while Eldric was mysterious, and seem to be able to blend into our world so much better. 

I would love to read more books just like this and to see what happens to these characters.  As a whole, I loved this book, and I highly recommend it!  


Happy Reading!


Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!