Saturday, October 13, 2012

Expiez: Redeem Your Blood Lust by C.D. Hussey


Description:
After spending a year in jail for his involvement in the murder of Melissa Schwartz, Darus is determined to change his life. But that's all easier said than done. It isn't until Clare Brown, the sister of a woman who hates him more than Satan, shows up unexpectedly in New Orleans that he finds the motivation to truly change.

If only the path to her wasn't lined with land mines...

Hmmm, I love these books!  And this one just keeps cementing me in to loving this series!  I loved this book for a number of reasons.

Darus, previous villain in book 1, is now a good guy.  Or rather, he is trying to be a good guy.  He is a surprisingly likeable character, even when he is being a dick.  I enjoyed seeing his conflict, his desire, and how he is trying to change to be a better person.  It makes him that much more realistic and relatable as a character.

Clare is both a likeable and unbelievable character. I hate that she was in an abusive relationship, but she seemed to “resolve” it all way too quickly.  Plus, she still has a decent sense of self-worth/self-esteem, for a woman who has experienced abuse for an extended period of time, which also makes her a bit unrealistic.  But on a whole, she was a good character that was just trying to find herself in the midst of everyone else trying to tell her.

In the last book and in this one, I do not like Julie too much.  She has been difficult to like, honestly, what with her issues of holding grudges, being jealous, and some of her anger towards those she has already written off. Honestly, she is acting like a teenager, which is ridiculous.  It doesn’t make her an appealing character, and you want her to get some sense knocked into her. 


Wow!  There were some really hot moments in this book.  And by hot, I mean, “Girl, turn on the fans, get some ice and wear something cool, because there is a heat wave coming!” hot… Yep, definitely hot J


On a final note, I think this book was the perfect way to wrap up the Lohr story line.  Actually, it was wrapped up so perfectly, it was like it was pretty package with a cute little bow. 

Overall, I think this book was really good, and I’m looking forward to reading more by Ms. Hussey.  Highly Recommend.

For more by this author, check out my other reviews of her book:






Happy Reading!

Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!