Saturday, October 20, 2012

Secret of the Wolf by Cynthia Garner


Description:

Once a generation, the rift between the paranormal world and the human world opens, allowing supernatural entities to cross. Vampire, demon, or shapeshifter, they can save the world-or send it spiraling into chaos.

As a werewolf liaison to the Council of Preternaturals, Tori Joseph is used to straddling the world between humans and immortals. She plays by the rules and always delivers justice, no matter the cost. But after a string of increasingly brutal attacks results in humans turning into werewolves, Tori doesn't reveal her horrifying suspicion: Someone very close to her might be responsible.

Investigating the paranormal violence, no-nonsense detective Dante MacMillan believes Tori is hiding something. His search for the truth draws him into greater danger as he gets closer to the dark realm of the immortals-and to the sexy werewolf who stirs his primal lust. Now with evil closing in around them, Dante must convince Tori to trust him . . . before her deadly secret destroys them both.

My Review:

I was super excited about this book, which is the 2nd installment of the Warriors of the Rift series.  I loved the first one, and I knew that I would be waiting impatiently for the newest one to come out. 
I think that Victoria (Tori) is an amazing woman, as she is has a lot of characteristics that we can understand.  She is strong, smart, and has survived more in her hundred plus years on earth than most humans in 80 or 90 years.   I also think that her loneliness is something that we can all relate to. 
I think the one thing that I do have a problem with Tori about is her problem with her brother and her cousin.  She is way too hopeful about their redemption/second chance at life on earth.  Almost to the point of turning a blind eye to the problems they are causing.  But a lot of us are like that when it comes to family.
Dante was a great character!  I mean, he was in the first novel, and was kind of a cool guy then, but now, he is just absolutely lovable.  He has his issues, just like everyone, and you can’t help but want to help him out with them and then take him home and feed him pie.
I did enjoy how Nix & Tobias made several appearances in this novel, but it wasn’t so reliant on the previous book.  Honestly, this book could be a standalone book.
There were only two issues I had with this book.
·        I found the book was a bit monotonous, especially when the characters were going into technical aspects of machinery… including the rift device.  Not a big fan of that kind of thing.
·        I didn’t like that Natchook had other names, and that I didn’t realize who he was until after the fact.  It is hard to keep things straight when you are trying to figure out if the character you are reading about is a good guy or a bad guy just because of which name he is using!
Overall, this was a good book, with a lot of romance, action and intrigue.  I recommend this book for your enjoyment!


Happy Reading!

Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!