A Trace of Moonlight
Drinking from the waters of lethe and offering herself up as Faerie’s sacrificial Tithe …these just might be the least of Abby Sinclair’s problems.
Abby’s pact with a demon—whether or not she remembers making it—is binding, so she’d better count herself lucky that (in the words of a daemon who knows better) there’s nearly always a loophole. But her friends’ reckless attempts to free her, well intentioned though they may be, set off a disastrous chain of events. In no time at all, Abby turns her incubus lover mortal and gets herself killed, cursed, and married to an elven prince whose mother wants her dead. She might have even been able to recover from all that had she not lost the Key to the CrossRoads to her mortal enemy, who promptly uses his restored power to wreak havoc on the OtherWorld and put its very existence in jeopardy.
Only one person can make things right again, but to find her, Abby must place her trust in allies of mixed loyalties, and conquer her nightmares once and for all.
About The Author:
A marine biologist in a former life, Allison Pang turned to a life of crime to finance her wild spending habits and need to collect Faberge eggs. A cat thief of notable repute, she spends her days sleeping and nights scaling walls and wooing dancing boys….Well, at least the marine biology part is true. But she was taloned by a hawk once. She also loves Hello Kitty, sparkly shoes, and gorgeous violinists.
She spends her days in Northern Virginia working as a cube grunt and her nights waiting on her kids and cats, punctuated by the occasional husbandly serenade. Sometimes she even manages to write. Mostly she just makes it up as she goes.
Follow the Author:
I LOVED this book. Let me tell you how much I loved this book. I loved this book like I love cheesecake, chocolate, and my books all rolled into one. Yep, that means I love it a lot!
So let’s just jump right in on why I love this book.
· Now, lethe-drugged Abby is not as cool, fun or inspiring, but then, I guess, she isn’t supposed to be. I mean, if she was cooler, funner (I know this isn’t a word, but work with me), or more inspiring, we might all want to take a swig of the lethe water! Thankfully, we only have to deal with lethe-drugged Abby for a couple of chapters. Then our favorite touchstone dreamer comes back!
· I love how she comes back with a bang, so to speak. After having the lethe water “spell” broken, she kind of comes back Captain Jack Harkness style… only with the help of a Unicorn and some Fae.
· I do have a problem with why she can’t decide between Talivar and Brystion. I mean, I know they are both wonderful guys, I think they’re great, but I just want her to pick one for the love of Pete! Personally, I’m Team Brystion, so that is who I’m hoping she is going to pick!
· If you haven’t figured it out, I think he is amazing. He is a complex and compelling character that you want to want you. No matter whether he is Mortal or Incubus, he is an amazing character.
· His sacrifice, his love for Abby, his hope to have a dreaming heart, etc, just makes him all the more appealing.
· Plus, I think he is sexy, even horns, silver tattoos and a demon side.
· I love finding out that the Queen of Fairy is a giant conniving bitch with a plan… Yep, nice twist to add to the insane Queen!
· Talvar is a cool character, but he is kind of the sad character that you feel you must love because he has had no love at all. I think it is wonderful how much he cares for Abby, and how he is willing to sacrifice so much for her, but I somehow wish he would find someone else that would love him as much who wasn’t Abby.
· Phineas is a great, great, great character. He brings so much laughter to my day as my favorite drunken, late night gaming, horny, underwear-loving, ass-biting unicorn! Plus, how he loves and care for Abby makes his character that much more loveable!
Now, my biggest question is: WHO IS THE DADDY? I mean, I know who I prefer to be the daddy, but I’m dying here! I am hoping a short story or another book will play with this idea and give me some more happiness! Because, damn it, I want to know!!!!!!
Overall, this is a great book that will keep you on the edge of your seat. Highly recommend, and I’m hoping for another round in this series!
If you want to see my other reviews on the previous books in this series, just click on the titles:
a Rafflecopter giveaway