Monday, October 15, 2012

Bewitching Book Tours: Flight By Alyssa Rose Ivy

Flight By Alyssa Rose Ivy

Description:

Sometimes you just have to take flight.

A summer in New Orleans is exactly what Allie needs before starting college. Accepting her dad’s invitation to work at his hotel offers an escape from her ex-boyfriend and the chance to spend the summer with her best friend. Meeting a guy is the last thing on her mind—until she sees Levi.

Unable to resist the infuriating yet alluring Levi, Allie finds herself at the center of a supernatural society and forced to decide between following the path she has always trusted or saving a city that might just save her.




Author Bio:

Alyssa Rose Ivy lives in North Carolina with her husband and two young children. Although raised in the New York area, she fell in love with the South after moving to New Orleans for college. After years as a perpetual student, she turned back to her creative side and decided to write. 

 You can check her out, and follower her by just clicking on the links below:


My Review:


This enjoyable Mature YA (I’m still trying to figure that out… It left more out than a generic penny bodice ripper, so I’m not sure what actually made it “Mature”.), is a great introduction to Alyssa Rose Ivy.  Allie has gone to New Orleans for the summer, and in the process meets the man of her dreams.  Or so she thinks. 
Allie is an overly cautious, overly controlling, potentially OCD high school graduate, and ready to start her first year of college.  She over analyzes things, under analyzes other things, and is a big rule follower.  It is this that seems to make her an oxymoron, as she does some things that I have yet to see a rule follower do.  Like where she has no problem breaking the law with underage drinking?  Makes no sense!  Plus, it bothers me how easily Allie would accept drinks from total strangers, especially with her being in a new city.  She could have easily been drugged, and her stupidity in this book just reiterates how we are not teaching our young women how to go out and party safely.  
Okay, so enough about Allie and my disappointment of her as a character.
I loved being introduced to the Pterons.  These crow/human shifters that can grow wings and fly (and do a lot of other cool things) were a pleasant change from the werewolves, vampires, witches, and other creatures that seem to rule the supernatural/paranormal novels running around.  I really enjoyed the bits of descriptions and why they are what they are.  I would have really liked to have more of a background story to the Pterons and how they came to be. 
I think that my favorite part was the changes in Levi.  He went from a full-of-himself, cocky asshole to a cocky idiot who love Allie and doesn’t want to lose her.  He seems like a great guy, who just doesn’t know what to do with a girl who is strong willed and confident.  It also shows that even when thinking with their heart, they still make stupid mistakes J.
I liked how Ms. Ivy showed consequences in this book.  There are even consequences for things that seemed right.  Everything has consequences, and we have to remember that.
I hated how the book ended, or rather how it didn’t end.  It wasn’t like it was a regular cliff hanger.  No, this was the freaking planetary jump hanger!  And now I have to wait for the next book.  Not kosher…. *sigh*, I will wait, but I won’t like it.
Overall, this was a great book.  I’m looking forward to more books from this series.  

Happy Reading!

Cana

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for reading and reviewing Flight! I am so glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!