Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Venom by Fiona Paul


Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is: 


Description:

Cassandra Caravello is one of Renaissance Venice’s lucky elite: with elegant gowns, sparkling jewels, her own lady’s maid, and a wealthy fiancĂ©, she has everything a girl could desire. Yet ever since her parents’ death, Cassandra has felt trapped, alone in a city of water, where the dark and labyrinthine canals whisper of escape.

When Cass stumbles upon a murdered woman—practically in her own backyard—she’s drawn into a dangerous world of courtesans, killers, and secret societies. Soon, she finds herself falling for Falco, a mysterious artist with a mischievous grin... and a spectacular skill for trouble. Can Cassandra find the murderer, before he finds her? And will she stay true to her fiancĂ©, or succumb to her uncontrollable feelings for Falco?

Beauty, love, romance, and mystery weave together in a stunning novel that’s as seductive and surprising as the city of Venice itself.


Coming out on October 30, 2012

Why?
  1. I love the renaissance, so this book is automatically interesting.
  2. I've been to Venice, seeing how beautiful this floating city in the water is.  
  3. The whole story sounds interesting.  Mystery, intrigue, and secret societies... I mean, how amazing does that sound?
  4. Cover is beautiful.  The image of a masked woman is always mysterious. I love that. 

So what are you waiting for?


Happy Reading!

Cana

3 comments:

  1. Ooh nice! Seeing this around lately, love the cover!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting! Not my usual type of read but I just might have to give this one a go :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!