"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:
A Witch in Winter by Ruth Warburton
Anna Winterson doesn't know she's a witch and would probably mock you for believing in magic, but after moving to the small town of Winter with her father, she learns more than she ever wanted to about power. When Anna meets Seth, she is smitten, but when she enchants him to love her, she unwittingly amplifies a deadly conflict between two witch clans and splits her own heart in two. She wants to love Seth, to let him love her – but if it is her magic that's controlling his passion, then she is as monstrous as the witch clan who are trying to use her amazing powers for their own gain.
Although a perfect fit for the paranormal romance genre, A WITCH IN WINTER avoids fangs, excessive body hair and submissive female leads, and tells the heart-wrenching story of a couple meant to be together, but being forced apart. Seth is utterly irresistible and Anna is an empowered, proactive young woman with unimaginable magic inside her. This is fast-paced, sensuous writing with believable incantations inspired by Warburton's research into witchcraft legend and old English.
- Doesn't this sound amazing from the description? I mean, the description of the book that "avoids fangs, excessive body hair and submissive female leads" sounds like a book that is attempting to be different from others in its genre. I want to read it to see if it succeeds!
- The cover! I think it is soooooooo beautiful. Mysterious and so colorful in a wintery way!
- The title sounds lovely... though I do hate the cold!
- Story line sounds pretty good too!
- RESEARCH IS MENTIONED! Will she succeed with her research making her story believable, or ABSOLUTELY unbelievable (in a good way)? Or just one giant let down? We shall see!
So what are you waiting for?