Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Shadow Wolf by Bonnie Vanak


The Shadow Wolf
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Description:


On the run from authorities, gutsy Megan Moraine knows shadow wolves like herself have no place in this world. But she's still prepared to do anything to protect her young charges. That resolve is tested when the trio is captured by Gabriel Robichaux. Everyone knows that Gabriel is a ruthless bounty hunter, a member of an elite group called the Enforcers. Why then is Megan so attracted to her enemy—a wolf who hunts his own people? A wolf whose languid, sexy drawl makes her dream the impossible?


My Review:


Megan is a special breed of werewolf, a shadow wolf. This means she can become invisible as well as shapeshift into a wolf. She is on the run with her cousins in effort to give them a new life, away from the persecution for them being a shadow wolf. Gabriel is an enforcer, special werewolf police, who has a deep secret that only his family knows. Trying to atone for a past mistake, he takes Megan and her cousins into custody to protect them and get them new lives.

Now, this is the 4th book in the Draicon Werewolves series, but I will tell you this will not effect how it is read. This is a great stand-alone book.

I loved this book. I read it in 18 hours (I was more than willing to give up on sleep to read this book!), and it was completely worth it. The writing was fast pace and had a great story line. The thought of racism within an already unique population was a great story line to go with. And there are more than just werewolves. There are vampires, fae, demons, and so much more.

I loved the chemistry between Megan and Gabriel. Both are hurting, both are looking for healing through one form or another, but when they discover that they are lifemates, they are too scared to reveal themselves to each other. At times you want to just reach through the book and shake them a few good times to shake some sense into them!

Overall, I highly recommend this book, and I plan on reading the rest of this series!

**There are some adult scenes to this novel, so this novel is not appropriate for all ages.**

View all my reviews Happy Reading!


Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!