Monday, June 30, 2014

The Darkest Whisper by Gena Showalter


Description:

He is the keeper of Doubt and his entire world’s about to be rocked.

Bound by the demon of Doubt, Sabin unintentionally destroys even the most confident of lovers. So the immortal warrior spends his time on the battlefield instead of the bedroom, victory his only concern…until he meets Gwendolyn the Timid. One taste of the beautiful redhead, and he craves more.

Gwen, an immortal herself, always thought she’d fall for a kind human who wouldn’t rouse her darker side. But when Sabin frees her from prison, battling their enemies for the claim to Pandora’s box turns out to be nothing compared to the battle Sabin and Gwen will wage against love…

Review:


The Darkest Whisper by Gena Showalter
5 out of 5 


So, I'll admit that I wasn't really excited about reading Sabin/Doubts book... It just seemed that he was a giant ass in the other books, which didn't make me want to rush and read his book.  And as much as I am surprised, I loved this book!  I can now even say that Sabin isn't as much of an ass as I thought.  Yes, he is an ass, but not as big a one as I had first thought.

What a descriptive name:  Gwendolyn the Timid.  Not a great nickname or title.  It doesn't strike fear or inspire people.  If anything, it creates an image of someone whimpering and hiding in a corner.  So for me, it is kind of a giggle moment that someone timid like Gwen is at the beginning should end up with such a bad-ass warrior like Sabin.  

Now, the rule here at Place of Reads is that I try not to give out spoilers... But, Oh My Goodness!  Galen is.... OMGoodness!  Was NOT expecting that!  OMGoodness!

I have discovered through Gwen and her sisters that I love harpies.  Smart-mouthed, bad-assed, glowing creatures that I absolutely adore! 

I really liked the mythology of the harpies. From origins to their own curse, it definitely makes them so much more than what Greek mythology made them.  

The hunters were already bad news before this book, but discovering what they are doing to the supernatural women is monstrous... I can't believe what they are doing, and I think they deserve everything the Lords throw at them.  

So, I think the hunter's academy is a scary prospect.  Imagine the fall out of that occurrence.  Even though the Lords know about it now, the repercussions of the school will be felt for a while.  

Poor Paris & Reyes.  Paris for mourning his loss of Sienna... & Reyes for the guilt he feels over Paris saving him.  Shesh!  When will all of this get fixed for them?  I can't take much more of their guilt & sadness.

I loved the hinting of another of my favorite series - Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark.  Gosh, I'd love a crossover between them... It would be full of all sorts of hotness and awesomeness!!!!

Overall, this is a pretty good book, and I am definitely already reading the next book!  I highly recommend it!
Happy Reading!

Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!