Thursday, August 21, 2014

The Prince by Kiera Cass


Description:

Before thirty-five girls were chosen to compete in the Selection...

Before Aspen broke America's heart...

There was another girl in Prince Maxon's life...

Review:


The Prince by Kiera Cass
4 out of 5


So, I'm not normally a huge fan of short stories & novellas, primarily because they leave me wanting more.  Yet, I will admit I have been dying to read this short story just so I can get a better grasp on Maxon.  And let me tell you that this was so worth it!

Daphne, the Princess of France, might only be a blip in this story, but she definitely makes an impression.  I think that she definitely knew how to play on Maxon's insecurities and since he had hurt her, she was definitely aiming for the heart to hurt him.  

I had already felt bad for Maxon before this book, but this feeling just increased.  His father has made him feel so insecure about a lot of things.  He hasn't gotten a lot of interaction with people his own age, and to suddenly (though knowingly) be thrust into a situation where he is surrounded by 35 girls all vying for him, it can be more than overwhelming.  It can be absolutely dangerous.  

I loved getting to see Queen Amberly through her son.  She is always so encouraging, no matter what the results are.  I love that.  

I did love the bonus "Exclusive Extended Ending".  Some secrets were hinted at, and how/why Maxon decided to keep America in the Selection.  I think this was a perfect extension to this little novella.

I wish there had been a bit more of this story.  Maybe a bit more before his birthday, to see what was normal before the Selection.

Overall, this is a wonderfully quick read.  I think it is a great prequel to the Selection series, a great refresher before reading The One, and just a plain good read.  I definitely recommend this novella!


Happy Reading!

Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!