Thursday, August 7, 2014

The Darkest Fire by Gena Showalter


Description:

He is the guardian of hell, more monster than man. She is the goddess of oppression, more angel than woman. Together they will enter the flames to battle a dangerous horde of demon lords -- and discover a passion unlike any other....

Don't miss this sizzling prequel to Gena Showalter's breathtaking new paranormal series, The Lords of the Underworld! Though they carry an eternal curse, the Lords of the Underworld are irresistibly seductive -- and unimaginably powerful.

Review:
The Darkest Fire by Gena Showalter

5 out of 5

OMGoodness!  Eekkk!  It is Beauty & the Beast in the Underworld!  Yay!  I mean, I love that fairytale, so of course I knew that I was going to love this story!


Geryon is more than he appears.  Though he looks like a monster, he creaves the life he gave up... Until Kadence comes into the picture.  Then he sees himself becoming a Guardian of the damned as a belssing, a gift.  And when he decides to save Kadence, it was a beautiful thing.  But it was also one of the saddest things.  

Kadence, though the Goddess of Oppression, is a very meek character.  Not what I would have expected.  It was almost as if she was oppressing herslef.  But when she finally does what she needs to do, to protect Geryon, she seems to finally find herself.  I did like that.  

This was one of the happiest and saddest happy-endings I've ever read.  Beautiful in all its happy/sad glory.  And I think that is what makes it so hard, that you already know what is going to happen before you even start this story.  

Overall, this is a wonderful short story that lets you see the beginning of the Lords of the Underworld.  Good story, and I highly recommend it!
Happy Reading!

Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!