Thursday, May 15, 2014

Magic Strikes by Ilona Andrews


Description:

When magic strikes and Atlanta goes to pieces, it’s a job for Kate Daniels… 

Drafted into working for the Order of Merciful Aid, mercenary Kate Daniels has more paranormal problems than she knows what to do with these days. And in Atlanta, where magic comes and goes like the tide, that’s saying a lot.

But when Kate's werewolf friend Derek is discovered nearly dead, she must confront her greatest challenge yet. As her investigation leads her to the Midnight Games—an invitation only, no holds barred, ultimate preternatural fighting tournament—she and Curran, the Lord of the Beasts, uncover a dark plot that may forever alter the face of Atlanta's shapeshifting community…

Review:

Magic Strikes by Ilona Andrews
5 out of 5

Now, for those of you who aren't familiar with me and my reading habits, I'm a yeller & a book thrower.  Now with that disclaimer given, you will understand the rest of this. 

Gosh, Curran could not be more delectable than in this book.  The way he is courting Kate without her knowing it is funny.  But how he rescues her, that is so hot!

I must admit, finally finding out what Saiman is, that really was kinda cool.  But I did have to re-read that part that explained/described him because it was just amazing!

I really enjoyed getting to know Jim more.  It did explain a bit about him.  

Poor Derek!  He didn't deserve to get hurt.  And the reason he gets hurt was horrible too.  I just wish it wouldn't change how he is, how he behaves, but you know it will.  No one can go through that kind of trauma without changing.  
I wish Andrea and Raphael would just get together!  Shesh!  But I appreciate that Raphael is making his point about his intentions. 

I liked meeting Dali.  She was definitely unique in the shifter world (at least to me), since she is nearly blind in her human form, gets temporary amnesia after she shifts, and she is vegetarian.  It definitely made for some interesting moments, which of course leads to some laughter on my part.  

I liked getting to know more about Kate.  The whole Roland thing is coming to a full circle... It will be interesting to see what happens with it.  

I think I yelled multiple times at Kate to stop being an idiot about Curran!  I mean, really, take a chance girl!!!

Wow!  An illegal fight club... Definitely adds to the mystery of Post-shift Atlanta.  
I LOVED the epilogue!  (and yes, I did squeal about it, just a bit!).  


Overall, this is the best book so far in this series!   Highly recommend it!
Happy Reading!

Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!