Monday, May 5, 2014

Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison


Description:

All the creatures of the night gather in "the Hollows" of Cincinnati, to hide, to prowl, to party ... and to feed.
Vampires rule the darkness in a predator-eat-predator world rife with dangers beyond imagining -- and it's Rachel Morgan's job to keep that world civilized.
A bounty hunter and witch with serious sex appeal and an attitude, she'll bring 'em back alive, dead ... or undead.

Review:
Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison

2.5 out of 5

Okay, so I've been told that this series is "Amazing!", "Awesome!", and "Fantastic!"... And During the first 3 chapters, I thought that my friends had been hit with the stupid stick.  It had a few moments after that, that made it seem like the tides were turning, and I'd be converted to one of the big fans of this book... But alas, it failed to happen.  


So what did I love about this book?  

  • I loved that tomatoes equal death in a lot of peoples minds.  As an avid tomato hater, it just makes sense, so I can appreciate this.
  • The funniest/best part of the book was the mink episode... It was hilarious!
I just felt that this book was just not for me.  It was sluggish to the point of dullness.  And that was disappointing.  

Overall, it was okay, but I will have to force myself to read the next book.  (I promised my friend Becca that I would).  So at this time, I can't recommend this book, or the series.... 


Happy Reading!

Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!