Monday, May 19, 2014

Magic Bleeds by Ilona Andrews


Description:

Atlanta would be a nice place to live, if it weren't for the magic. When the magic is up, rogue mages cast their spells and monsters appear, while guns refuse to fire and cars fail to start. But then technology returns, and the magic recedes as unpredictably as it arose.

Kate Daniels works for the Order of Knights of Merciful Aid, officially as a liaison with the mercenary guild. Unofficially, she cleans up the paranormal problems no one else wants to handle - especially if they involve Atlanta's shapeshifting community. When she's called in to investigate a fight at the Steel Horse, a bar on the border between the territories of the shapeshifters and the necromancers, Kate quickly discovers that there's a new player in town. One who's been around for thousands of years - and who rode to war at the side of Kate's father. This foe may be too much even for Kate and Curran, the Beast Lord, to handle. Because this time Kate will be taking on family.

Review:

Magic Bleeds by Ilona Andrews
5 out of 5

I really want to kick Curran's butt after he stood-up Kate!  What the heck!  Not a happy Cana after reading that... But!  I was YELLING at Kate after she LET. CURRAN. WALK. AWAY!  What the heck was she thinking?


Naeemah is an interesting character... She kinda reminds me of the ancient Egyptian stories about their gods.  I wonder how she will pop up again, cuz you know she will.  

I liked how what is going on between Jim and Dali was finally recognized by the others... 

Erra seemed to be absolutely terrifying.  Worse, she seems to hold a lot of secrets that Kate could probably benefit from knowing.  

What is a First?  I mean, shifter-wise?  I got hints, ,but I could have, and would have really liked to have some answers.  I hope I'll get some soon in the other books.  

I really enjoyed getting to hear the story of the creation of the first vampire.  To see the similarities and differences between the Biblical story of Abraham, Esau & Jacob and Kate's story of the same people really make the story very believable.  

Finally!  Kate & Curran get together and stay together!  This made me very, very, very, very happy.  

Honestly, one of the biggest selling points for me on this series is the variety of mythology that you will get.  I love that!  I mean, it is so much better than me having the same-old myths tossed around again, and again.  

Grendel is definitely a special dog... But a poodle? Really?  I giggled at that one... Okay, maybe more than just giggled.  

Overall, this is the best book so far!  Loved it!  And I love this series!  I highly recommend it!
Happy Reading!

Cana

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorite series! Great review, Cana:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!