Monday, May 12, 2014

Magic Burns by Ilona Andrews


Description:

Down in Atlanta, tempers – and temperatures – are about to flare…

As a mercenary who cleans up after magic gone wrong, Kate Daniels has seen her share of occupational hazards. Normally, waves of paranormal energy ebb and flow across Atlanta like a tide. But once every seven years, a flare comes, a time when magic runs rampant. Now Kate’s going to have to deal with problems on a much bigger scale: a divine one.

When Kate sets out to retrieve a set of stolen maps for the Pack, Atlanta’s paramilitary clan of shapeshifters, she quickly realizes much more at stake. During a flare, gods and goddesses can manifest – and battle for power. The stolen maps are only the opening gambit in an epic tug-of-war between two gods hoping for rebirth. And if Kate can’t stop the cataclysmic showdown, the city may not survive…

Review:
Magic Burns by Ilona Andrews
5 out of 5

Let me tell you, as a snarky person I loved the snark that Kate gives.  Like a lot! So of course, I loved the in this book!

Oh! My! Goodness!  I absolutely loved Curran!  And when he is under the influence of the magic spikes, WOAH!  Nothing like an alpha male to make a woman want to join the Pack!  

Kate is a great, strong-willed, and smart woman.  I loved that.  Plus the use of her natural sarcasm and the amount of snark she gives just makes her a great character.  

Poor Julie.  She lost all of those she loved.  But she did get lucky to gain Kate as her aunt.  

Bran was a great character.  To be able to go from cocky asshole to a sacrificing hero is special, and can sometimes be hard to do. But Ms. Andrews (and her husband) succeeded in doing it right. 

Personally, I love how the Celtic myths were used in this book.  I think that this was really one of my favorite books that used Celtic myths.

The epilogue was my favorite part of the book for several reasons.  

  1. It gives an insight to Curran's future plans for him and Kate.
  2. You know that Kate knows that Curran knows what she can do.  
  3. You now finally get to know Kate's favorite book (good choice by the way!)
Overall, this is an awesome book.  And I'm so reading the rest of the series!  I highly recommend this book!
Happy Reading!

Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!