Thursday, May 8, 2014

Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews


Description:

When the magic is up, rogue mages cast their spells and monsters appear, while guns refuse to fire and cars fail to start. But then technology returns, and the magic recedes as unpredictably as it arose, leaving all kinds of paranormal problems in its wake.

Kate Daniels is a down-on-her-luck mercenary who makes her living cleaning up these magical problems. But when Kate's guardian is murdered, her quest for justice draws her into a power struggle between two strong factions within Atlanta's magic circles.

The Masters of the Dead, necromancers who can control vampires, and the Pack, a paramilitary clan of shapechangers, blame each other for a series of bizarre killings—and the death of Kate's guardian may be part of the same mystery. Pressured by both sides to find the killer, Kate realizes she's way out of her league—but she wouldn't have it any other way

Review:

Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews
5 out of 5

I love how this book (and the rest of the series) is pretty much set in Atlanta.  Primarily because, I know that area pretty decently.  I can easily imagine what it looks like in this Post-shift world. 

Saiman is such a weird man.  His desire to morph into "Uberman" just makes me giggle... It is just too funny!

Curran sounds so yummy.  There is nothing more appealing than a strong alpha male in a book... Hmmm :-).

Derek is such a strong kid, especially after what he has experienced.  I think he is going to keep showing up in Kate's life.  

I love how there is a mystery to Kate.  You know that there is something about her, but you don't know exactly what it is.  

I loved the twist on who the actual villain was.  I didn't see it coming until the big reveal... And I love that!

I like how Lyc-V seems to be the magical equivalent to rabies.  It doesn't discriminate between human or animal, but just because you have Lyc-V doesn't mean you get put down.  If you have self-control, you can use it to your advantage.  


Overall, this is a great book!  I really enjoyed it, and I can't wait to read the rest of the series.  Highly recommend.  
Happy Reading!

Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!