Thursday, April 24, 2014

Up From The Grave by Jeaniene Frost


Description:

There’s always one more grave to dig.

Lately, life has been unnaturally calm for vampires Cat Crawfield and her husband Bones. They should have known better than to relax their guard, because a shocking revelation sends them back into action to stop an all-out war…

A rogue CIA agent is involved in horrifying secret activities that threaten to raise tensions between humans and the undead to dangerous heights. Now Cat and Bones are in a race against time to save their friends from a fate worse than death…because the more secrets they unravel, the deadlier the consequences. And if they fail, their lives—and those of everyone they hold dear— will be hovering on the edge of the grave.

Review:
Up From The Grave by Jeaniene Frost
4.5 out of 5

Dammit Don!  I had always thought that he was a bastard, but I hadn't realized how much of a bastard he was.  OMGoodness, if I could kick his ghost ass, I would... Then again, so would Cat.  

Though I do not apporve of Uber-slut behavior, I do laugh a lot at Ian's behavior.  It is just plain funny.  And can I just say that I think it is hilarious that he is a closet trekkie!  Lol!   Made my day!

Can I just say that Denise is the best friend EVER!  I want a best friend who would get beheaded to make sure my family is safe.  

Ok, so Bone's death scene was a surprise, but his regeneration wasn't.  But it was a heart -wrenching scene.  

I loved getting to meet Katie.  But I want to get to know her more.  She seems to have such a great potential as a character than just a story line.  I would love to get to see her as a heroine of a story.  

I think that Madigan got what he deserved.  He was a crazy ass who had no right to create and keep a child captive.  

OOOOOOOOH!  How I love it when a book starts with a mystery.  But it is unfortunate that it was so easy to figure out.  

Cat has a kid... I swear I was kinda expecting that once it was revealed that they had been experimenting with Cat's blood.  Kinda was just one more puzzle piece that screamed "Here I am!".  

Overall, this is a great book.  Yes, there seems to be some very expected things, and Ms. Frost did try to pull out all the stops, but it was still a good book.  Definitely recommend this book to all the Cat & Bones fans.  

Happy Reading!

Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!