Thursday, April 17, 2014

Lord's Fall by Thea Harrison


Description:

In the latest Novel of the Elder Races, two mates find themselves on different paths, torn between their duty to the Wyr and the passion that binds them…

Before she met Dragos, half-human/half-Wyr Pia Giovanni was alone and on the run. Now she’s mated, pregnant and heading south to repair the Wyrs’ frayed relationship with the Elves. Being separated from Dragos is painful, but for the good of the Wyr demesne they need to figure out how to be partners—in more places than just the bedroom.

In New York to preside over the Sentinel Games, Dragos is worried about his mate, but knows that finding two replacement sentinels is essential to show the rest of the Elder Races just how strong and brutal the Wyr demesne can be. But as the Games heat up, Pia’s negotiations with the Elves take a turn for the dangerous, straining her bond with Dragos and threatening everything they hold dear…

Review:
Lord's Fall by Thea Harrison
5 out of 5

Pia seemed to be really whiny.  That was not very appealing and did not encourage me to like her as a character, which was the exact opposite of her in the first book.  And even by the end, I don't know if she was a character I'd want to read about again.  


Now, Eva was a hoot.  She was strong, mouthy, and even occasionally funny.  Which was definitely a nice change of pace from whiny Pia.  

I love that Johnny is a cross-dresser and offered to help Pia with her makeup.  That was awesome, especially as a lot of books portray cross-dressers as more effeminate, which Johnny wasn't.  

I still loved Liam/Peanut.  I definitely feel like he is going to be too smart for his own good... but I kinda like that about him.  

I find it interesting that it was revealed that Dragos was a god as well as King of the Wyr.  And unlike the other gods, he didn't make a god machine.  I liked that about him.  

At first, the book moved a bit slow... But once the fire started things really picked up.  I was so glad that Pia and Dragos got back together then.... Made the book so much better.

The loss of the Woods was horrible.  It made me very sad and angry.  

The idea of the god machines was definitely a strange and dangerous plot twist... I wonder how much we will see those items coming back in this series.  
The sentinel games were an interesting point in the story... I can't wait to see what will happen with Aryal and Quentin....

Overall, this was a good book, though it was not my favorite in this series.  I do recommend this book, just for the fact of catching up on Pia and Dragos.  

Happy Reading!

Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!