Monday, March 3, 2014

The Elite by Kiera Cass

The Elite (The Selection, #2)

Description:

Thirty-five girls came to the palace to compete in the Selection. All but six have been sent home. And only one will get to marry Prince Maxon and be crowned princess of Illea.

America still isn’t sure where her heart lies. When she’s with Maxon, she’s swept up in their new and breathless romance, and can’t dream of being with anyone else. But whenever she sees Aspen standing guard around the palace, and is overcome with memories of the life they planned to share. With the group narrowed down to the Elite, the other girls are even more determined to win Maxon over—and time is running out for America to decide.

Just when America is sure she’s made her choice, a devastating loss makes her question everything again. And while she’s struggling to imagine her future, the violent rebels that are determined to overthrow the monarchy are growing stronger and their plans could destroy her chance at any kind of happy ending.

Review:
The Elite by Kiera Cass

5 out of 5

I love the re-discovery of Halloween!  As one of my favorite holidays (because I love dressing up in costume) I really enjoyed seeing how the holiday might be for those who had never had the chance to celebrate it before.  

Poor Marlee & Carter!  Marlee was one of my favorites, so I hated that this happened.  But the love that Marlee and Carter shared was so inspiring.  Any girl wants a love like that... Including me.

America is making a lot of stupid and emotional decisions.  A lot of decisions that could cause issues for a lot of people (proof is what happened to Maxon after one of her stunts).  America needs a good, swift kick in the rear.  Why can't she make up her mind?  Her flip-flopping was driving me nuts!  Just pick Maxon for goodness sake!

I know my heart broke for Maxon and what he has been through.  And in a lot of ways, I think he is right to put America in her place and let her earn the right to be the princess.  Honestly, I think that is the best decision made through the whole book.

I loved Anne, Mary & Lucy.  They are a well organized machine that will definitely help America in her continued journey in the selection.  

OMGoodness!  I really discovered that I despised the king in this book.  That tyrant needs to be de-throned... and soon!

I think the true story of how Illea came to be, how the caste system was created, and why it was created definitely adds a lot of secrets to this country.  It also makes me hate Gregory Illea and what he did to his daughter.  

There is definitely a whole lot more action in this book.  Rebels attack a lot, plus all the running that everyone does to get to safety, there are a lot more injuries.  

I'm not sure how I feel about the other Elite.  I despise Celeste.  Elise, I'm just not sure about.  But Kriss, I can't help but like and dislike her at the same time.  

Guess what?  I still think that Aspen is an Ass!  What man tells the woman he loves that she would suck as a princess?  An Ass!

Overall, this is an amazing book.  I'm dying for the next book to come out.  Highly recommend this book to everyone!

Happy Reading!

Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!