Monday, March 24, 2014

Celtic Moon by Jan Delima


Description:

Like father, like son…

Sophie Thibodeau has been on the run from the father of her son for more than fifteen years. Now her son, Joshua, is changing, and her greatest fears are about to be realized. He’s going to end up being just like his father—a man who can change into a wolf.

Dylan Black has been hunting for Sophie since the night she ran from him—an obsession he cannot afford in the midst of an impending war. Dylan controls Rhuddin Village, an isolated town in Maine where he lives with an ancient Celtic tribe. One of the few of his clan who can still shift into a wolf, he must protect his people from the Guardians, vicious warriors who seek to destroy them.

When Sophie and Dylan come together for the sake of their son, their reunion reignites the fierce passion they once shared. For the first time in years, Dylan’s lost family is within his grasp. But will he lose them all over again? Are Joshua and Sophie strong enough to fight alongside Dylan in battle? Nothing less than the fate of his tribe depends on it…

Review:
Celtic Moon by Jan Delima
5 out of 5

This book was one of my WOW posts.  I was so excited when my friend "New" Becca happened upon it and showed it to me.  She hadn't realized that I had been looking for THIS book.  So I got it!  Now I wish I had read it a lot sooner than I did.  It was so good!

Dylan was one sexy shapeshifter.  Wanting to protect his family, he went a little overboard, but his reasoning were understandable.  When he finally understood how to be in a relationship and still protect the ones he loved, you can't help but love him.  

Sophie is one strong woman.  I loved seeing how she was so strong, even against things she didn't understand.  I also loved seeing her learn and use the Serpent.  It showed that when faced with the unknown she would learn to fight with what she is given.  

Elen seems to be full of secrets... The fact that she is so powerful to bring spring in winter and to give a "stuck" wolf a human body makes you wonder what else she is capable of.  

Talesin was one of my favorite characters.  A demi-god with a foot in 2 worlds, she seems to be one of the loneliest characters I've read in a while.  But his craving for family and friends makes you want him to have it.  

I loved the twist and takes on the Celtic mythos and how well it worked with the idea of shapshifters.  Was definitely a fresh take on it!  

I do wonder though, what Talesin saw for Luc and Rosa?  And better yet, what about what will happen to Elen and Cormack?  OMGoodness, I'm dying for the next book... Because I want to know what Talesin knows!

Overall, this was an amazingly awesome book, and I can't wait to read more from this author.  I highly recommend this must-read book!
Happy Reading!

Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!