Thursday, February 27, 2014

Bleeding Hearts by Alyxandra Harvey


Description:

The Drakes and friends will be tested when an infestation of deadly vampires threatens Violet Hill.

Lucy's cousin Christabel has come to live in Violet Hill, and adjusting to the difference between life in a small mountain town and her home in the city is difficult enough. The strict curfew that Lucy's parents enforce is the worst part. Something really dangerous couldn't possibly happen in this tiny town.
But Christabel has noticed some mysterious happenings, and it seems like Lucy, her boyfriend Nicholas and his brother Connor are all in on a secret that Christabel doesn't understand—one that seems deadly serious. Although she won't admit it, Christabel would love to be in on any secret with Connor Drake. But when she is kidnapped by the ruthless Hel-Blar vampires, Christabel must cause more and more trouble in Violet Hill, Lucy and Connor finally fill Christabel in on all the undead drama. Together, they must find a way to stamp out the Hel-Blar for good.

Review:

Bleeding Hearts by Alyxandra Harvey

3 out of 5

Christabel is truely one of my favorite characters so far!  As a fellow book worm, I can so relate to her.  Plus, she does have a bit of fiesty in her.  


Connor is the cute geek... The exact kind of guy I personally like.  Nothing was better than him talking about Firefly (a favorite of mine!).  But he is more than just a geek (cute or not).  He is brave and strong... Willing to make sacrifices to protect those he cares about.  

What the hell! What a cliffhanger!  What happened?  Will everyone be okay?  OMGoodness!  I'm dying to know!

I find it interesting that this new type of vampire.  Again, we have the Vikings to thank for naming this kind... I would like to see how it will play out.  

I want ot know how the HelBlar were trained.  Like having a crocodile trained.... I think it would backfire.

Overall, this is a cute read.  I recommend it to everyone who has read the previous books in the series, and for someone who wants a no-brainer read.  
Happy Reading!

Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!