Monday, August 26, 2013

Pleasure of a Dark Prince by Kresley Cole

Description:

Kresley Cole enraptures again with this seductive tale of a fierce werewolf prince who will stop at nothing to protect the lovely archer he covets from afar.

A Dangerous Beauty

Lucia the Huntress: as mysterious as she is exquisite, she harbors secrets that threaten to destroy her—and those she loves. 

An Uncontrolled Need

Garreth MacRieve, Prince of the Lykae: the brutal Highland warrior who burns to finally claim this maddeningly sensual creature as his own. 

That lead to a pleasure so wicked...

From the shadows, Garreth has long watched over Lucia. Now, the only way to keep the proud huntress safe from harm is to convince her to accept him as her guardian. To do this, Garreth will ruthlessly exploit Lucia's greatest weakness—her wanton desire for him.

Review:

Pleasure of a Dark Prince by Kresley Cole
5 out of 5

Characters

Damiano for some reason gave me the creeps from the beginnings.  But he wasn’t who I thought he was, though I was right not to like him.  Didn’t feel sorry for him either with how he ended. 

Poor Garreth!  All the traumas he goes through for Lucia… But he thinks she is worth it.  I love that.

Lucia is such an interesting character.  I mean, she is strong, she is determined, and she is reliable.  And yet, she seems to have repeatedly drawn the short straw.  Not know what she is (besides a Valkyrie), not being able to return to Valhalla, having the constant guilt from the goddess that helped her.  But she still keeps doing what she thinks she needs to do to protect herself and others. 

Everything Else

Oh, the beginning… Which is the same beginning that we have already seen, but from a different perspective.  I’m sorry, there are only so many ways that you can talk about the same thing, same time period, even though you might use a different perspective.  And yet I plugged on!  And it paid off!  We finally get to a point where we are a year from where we began.  In the Amazon (again :P), with a yummy lykae and a skittish Valkyrie. 

So we finally get to find out why Lucia is such a great archer… and why she avoids men in general.  I loved learning about Lucia’s secrets and discovering what it means to be the Archer.  Also, proof that everything comes with a price. 

I enjoyed how quickly Lucia worked at remedying her mistakes.  And I was so glad that she saved Garreth! 

What hot scenes in this book!  I loved!

I liked that we got to catch up with Lachlain and Emmaline.  To know what their lives are like and how happy they are… Very good to know. 

Overall


Overall, this is a great book!  I loved the way it played out, and the hope that it gave towards the Assession.  Also, I liked how the end of this novel ended with a lot of more questions, which will lead to more books. 

Happy Reading!

Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!