Friday, August 9, 2013

Friday Fun With... Mary Evelyn


Friday Fun is where readers from ages 5 to 16 let us know what they are reading and why they loved (or hated) what they read. 

Today we have Mary Evelyn reviewing :



Title of the book: Heart Of Ice
Author: ­­­­­­­­­­­­­Lis Wiehl and April Henry



Why did you pick this book out?

Lis Wiehl is a friend of Mr. Bill O’Reilly (who said, in quote: “A vicious, cunning lady serial killer and three professional women caught up in her world. Crime novels don’t come any better!”;I Truly agree with
Mr. O’Reilly)!


What did you like about this book?

The “Triple Threat Club” on a first name basis with the killer was enthralling. They trusted her with the things/people closest to them. They may be cunning and make a great team, but they need to learn more about each other, even if they’ve known each other for years.

 Who was your favorite character? Why?

Sissy Hewsom (Elizabeth). She is one of the most essential characters in the whole story. She also is a very interesting person.


What did you not like about this book?

I did not comprehend some of the topics, seeing as I am only eleven years old.

Who is your least favorite character ? Why?

Sissy Hewsom. It may be contradicting my statement about her being my favorite, but she makes me sick. Excuse me for what I am going to say but she’s a top of the line BITCH. She uses lust, sex appeal, deceitfulness, and many other things to get her way. Not to mention that her way usually involves death. She tricks innocent people (who she thinks will be valuable in “The Game”) into doing things that are not normal.

Other things to tell you:

“The Game” (straight from the book):
  The rules were simple: to pretend to be whatever someone else needed until they gave you whatever you needed. After that, there were no rules. The Game was fair, at least Elizabeth’s way of thinking. Anyone could play it. In fact, she was sure most people were playing it; they just didn’t like to admit it. Sure, there were a few losers and idiots, suckers who, for whatever reason, didn’t mind getting played. And some people were so weak that they played poorly, basically inviting anyone to take advantage of them.

Would you tell other people to read this book?

Definitely. I hope other readers will enjoy it as well I did.


Book Rating (circle a #):       1       2       3       4       5

1 being horrible, 5 being fantastic

 Happy Reading!

Mary Evelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!