Monday, August 5, 2013

Building From Ashes by Elizabeth Hunter



Description:

For a thousand years, powerful earth vampire Carwyn ap Bryn has served others. God. His family. His friends. But tragedy and loss disrupt his peaceful existence, causing him to question everything he has committed his eternity to.

Brigid Connor has known about vampires since they rescued her from a painful childhood. But not even their vast elemental power can save her from the demons that torment her.

As loyalties are tested and new paths are forged, a lurking danger slowly grows in the Elemental World. Carwyn and Brigid will learn that even secrets revealed can come back to haunt you when you least expect it.

Review:

Building From Ashes by Elizabeth Hunter
5 out of 5

Have you ever read a book by your favorite author, only to love that new book better than the others?  And not only love that book more, but to connect to it in a way you haven’t with a book in a while (or ever)?  Well, for me, that was this book.  It grows with you, gently makes you love it, and in the end you don’t want to let it end, but you accept it.

Characters

Poor Brigid… My heart breaks for her and what happened to her at the hands of her stepfather.  I wanted to cheer Carwyn on when he took care of that sick bastard.  But on the other hand, I want to say how wonderfully strong Brigid is.  And when she finally seeks help, how much stronger she becomes.

I must admit, I have loved Carwyn since the first book of the Elemental mysteries series (though, nowhere near as much as my friend Becca from Bending the spine). But now, I love him more just because of this book.  He is strong and comforting.  He is true to his word and trying to figure out how to court Brigid was hilarious!

Everything else

What a prologue!  It makes you wonder… Will Brigid and Carwyn survive?  What happened to Brigid?  What lead up to this moment?  Damn it!  I have a thousand questions to ask, but I don’t have the time!  Honestly, the suspense was killing me!!!!!!!!!

I love the progress of this novel.  How everything grows and evolves, how you get the back story, and how each time frame spanned years and locations, but still blended amazingly smooth in this sexy novel.

Best Quote from Carwyn: “Silly Brigid.  Love is friendship.  Just with less clothes, which makes it far more brilliant.” 

I enjoyed how the mystery of the elixir is still there.  Trying to figure out who is making it, what is the sign of humans using it, and what it can do to a human as well as a vampire is very interesting.

Overall


Overall, I think this is an amazing book!  I can’t wait for the next book in this series, and I’m dying to see what happens next.  Highly recommend!

Happy Reading!

Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!