Friday, August 23, 2013

Friday Fun with… Michael


Friday Fun is where readers from ages 5 to 16 let us know what they are reading and why they loved (or hated) what they read. 

Today we have Michael reviewing :


The Adventures of Ook and Gluk: Kung-fu Cavemen from the Future

by George Beard and Harold Hutchins

Description:  

Meet Ook and Gluk, the stars of this sensationally silly graphic novel from the creators of Captain Underpants! It's 500,001 BC, and Ook and Gluk's hometown of Caveland, Ohio, is under attack by an evil corporation from the future. When Ook, Gluk, and their little dinosaur pal Lily are pulled through a time portal to 2222, they discover a future world that's even more devastated than their own. Luckily, they find a friend in Master Wong, a martial arts instructor who trains them in the ways of kung fu. Now all they have to do is travel back in time 502,223 years and save the day!

Review:

What did you like about it?

I liked that it had cavemen that traveled through time.  My favorite part was the Flip-O-Rama

What did you not like about it?


I didn’t like that it had some throwing up in it.

Why did you want to read this?


I read it because it had pictures and it was written by the same people as Captain Underpants

Would you recommend it to read it?

I would recommend this, because of how cool and funny it is.


Happy Reading!

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!