Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is: 


Description:

You stop fearing the devil when you’re holding his hand…

Nothing much exciting rolls through Violet White’s sleepy, seaside town…until River West comes along. River rents the guesthouse behind Violet’s crumbling estate, and as eerie, grim things start to happen, Violet begins to wonder about the boy living in her backyard. Is River just a crooked-smiling liar with pretty eyes and a mysterious past? Or could he be something more? Violet’s grandmother always warned her about the Devil, but she never said he could be a dark-haired boy who takes naps in the sun, who likes coffee, who kisses you in a cemetery...who makes you want to kiss back. Violet’s already so knee-deep in love, she can’t see straight. And that’s just how River likes it.

Blending faded decadence and the thrilling dread of gothic horror, April Genevieve Tucholke weaves a dreamy, twisting contemporary romance, as gorgeously told as it is terrifying—a debut to watch.


Coming out on August 15, 2013



Why?

  1. This sounds amazing!  I can't help but want to read this book.
  2. This sounds very Bronte sisters to me.  Almost like Wuthering Heights.... Can't resist that.
  3. Look at the cover.  Are they going to jump?  Is one trying to stop the other?  What is going to happen?  



So what are you waiting for?


Happy Reading!

Cana

6 comments:

  1. Awesome! I just added this to my TBR list last week. :) I'm really excited to read this book!

    Andrea K. @ Books and Bindings
    Waiting on Wednesdays
    WWW Wednesdays

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been hearing a lot of buzz on this one!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another good book that I've been waiting on. And there's been some really great reviews on it too - which helps. Nice choice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome cover! Thanks for sharing.

    my WOW: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/waiting-on-wednesday-perfect-ruin/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really excited for this one! It sounds so unique and the cover is gorgeous! Plus I've been seeing it everywhere. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was dying for this one. Loved the cover, love the synopsis. But I read some not so great reviews and now I'm worried. Still, great pick!

    Stop by my WoW

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!