Saturday, May 4, 2013

Succubus Blues by Richelle Mead



Description:

When it comes to jobs in hell, being a succubus seems pretty glamorous. A girl can be anything she wants, the wardrobe is killer, and mortal men will do anything just for a touch. Granted, they often pay with their souls, but why get technical?
But Seattle succubus Georgina Kincaid's life is far less exotic. At least there's her day job at a local bookstore--free books; all the white chocolate mochas she can drink; and easy access to bestselling, sexy writer, Seth Mortensen, aka He Whom She Would Give Anything to Touch but Can't.

But dreaming about Seth will have to wait. Something wicked is at work in Seattle's demon underground. And for once, all of her hot charms and drop-dead one-liners won't help because Georgina's about to discover there are some creatures out there that both heaven and hell want to deny. 

Review:

Succubus Blues by Richelle Mead
2 out of 5

So, first off, I must say that I did not finish listening to this audio book.  I listened to over the half way mark, and stopped because the book wasn’t that interesting to me.  I mean, I didn’t even want to learn who was killing vampires/injuring supernaturals, or who was really stalking Georgina.  This book just wasn’t what I thought/hoped it would be.

So what did I discover through what I did listen to?

Georgina Kincaid is an unusual succubus.  She avoids nice guys, is a huge book lover, and in a lot of ways, she regrets giving up her mortal life for eternal youth and beauty.

Seth Mortenson is another such unusual character.  I’ve known a lot of introverts in my life, but I’ve never met one like him.  Personally, he reminds me of the few references of Georgina’s long dead husband from when she was a mortal.

I honestly didn’t have a good feeling about Roman.  He seemed too perfect, too exactly what Georgina needed… I don’t like that.  Anything that perfect has something wrong with them.

I will admit that I expected a bit more sexy times with a title having the word succubus in it.  That does not mean automatically that this was a bad book.  It just wasn’t what I was looking for. 

I can’t recommend this book, but if you liked it, let me know why!

Happy Reading!

Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!