Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Audio Book: Undead Sublet by Molly Harper



Description:

Executive chef Tess Maitland is banned from her five-star kitchen in Chicago to recover from "exhaustion". Choosing a random rental house in Half-Moon Hollow to spend time in, she's unaware that the house comes with a strange man.

Even though Sam Masden's ex-wife has rented the house out from under him, the divorce settlement allows him access to it for another ninety days. With Tess unable to go anywhere else, and Sam unwilling, a war of epic proportions is declared - and romantic sparks and heavy pots fly.

Review:

Undead Sublet by Molly Harper
5 out of 5

I loved this short story so much that I actually went and bought a couple more of Ms. Harper’s books on Audible.com.  I am also planning on reading her other series.

Boy, can I relate to Tess!  Thou we work different types of jobs, and I don’t have a sexy southern vampire in my life, I completely understand her nervous breakdown and her need to change her circumstances.  I think the way she did it was awesome. Personally, if I could move to get over a nervous breakdown, I would.

Sam is such a hot, steamy, idiot vampire.  But I still love him as a character.  The way he kept pranking Tess, kept pushing her to win the Bloody Bake-off, and kept inspiring her with her restaurant made him one appealing man.

Favorite part of the whole novel equals 2 words: Ghost Peppers!  Oh my gosh, that was the hottest (pun intended) scene in the book just because of how Tess felt about it.  I loved it!

I really enjoyed meeting and getting to know Jolene, Jane, Andrea, and all the others.  I can’t wait to see these characters again!

Overall, this is a great short story, and I look forward to reading more by Ms. Harper.


Happy Reading!

Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!