Friday, May 24, 2013

Beautiful Monster by Bella Forest



Description:

Liam Swift is a young man Amy has always admired from afar. 

She's seen his face a thousand times; on the screen and in magazines. He seems unstoppable as his talent and beauty send him hurtling toward becoming a Hollywood legend...

Until one day - in what appears to be a fit of madness - he stuns the world by throwing it all away. Not even the most persistent reporter can fathom the reason behind Liam's decision. 

Never in Amy's wildest dreams could she have imagined this God of acting would go on to accept employment at her local boarding school. Or that he'd personally start teaching her drama lessons.

It seems life can't get much better for Amy ... until the sound of tortured weeping starts echoing through the thin walls of her dorm room each night, leading her to stumble upon a horrifying secret Liam had hoped to keep hidden forever...

Review:

Beautiful Monster by Bella Forest
5 out of 5

Characters

Porsche was such a great character, but I felt so bad for her. Between her disease and her gift, she never really seemed to rest. 

I found Amy to be an interesting character.  It wasn’t that I didn’t like her so much as I couldn’t relate to her on any real level.  But, I felt her desire to be like other girls, which is universal.

Liam was the prince in tarnished armor.  He is there, he wants to be everything that Amy needs/wants, but he carries so much of his own burdens that he can’t seem to fulfill that for her.

Everything Else

Ah, the fine performing arts!  This is one of my hearts favorite things.  So I loved the setting of a performing arts private school.

I find it interesting that this is really one of the first books that I have ever read with at least one HIV positive character, let alone a lead character.  But for me, I find that important that I read that.  So many people seem to forget that it exists and a lot still think the only way to get it is by sex.

I love the allusion to the story of Beauty and the Beast.  I mean, I love that story, as it is one of my favorite fairy tales, so of course I’m going to love it!

I think this version of a vampire is very interesting and unique.  I mean, how many vampire stories have you read where the vampire is human by day and a blood sucking creature by night.  That is so different that I like it.  It was just refreshing.

Thank the God above that this didn’t do a “Twilight”!  When Amy figured out what Liam was, she ran way after hearing his story (as any NORMAL girl would!).  But it was also different, because she ran for what I’d consider unusual reasons. 

I liked the concept of a Shield.  I think that it is a unique idea to counter the constant barrage of the supernatural world.  I just couldn’t help but think that being a Shield was more of a curse than a gift.

WHAT THE HECK!  CLIFFHANGER AGAIN?  ARGH! WHY OH WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!  What does Liam think he is doing?  What is Amy going to discover?  What is Porsche’s family going to do?
Don’t worry, I’ll figure it out in the next book… No matter the wait!

Overall

Overall, this is a great book, with a great story behind it.  I am definitely looking forward to the next book, and I highly recommend this book.


Happy Reading!

Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!