Saturday, April 20, 2013

Lycan Unleashed by Tiffany Allee



Description:

Detective Astrid Holmes is a sensitive, a human capable of feeling the energy of otherworlders. When she is dispatched to the horrific murder scene of a local vampire, she expects it to be just another day on the job. But when evidence is stolen on her watch, she is removed—not only from the investigation, but from her job as a member of the Chicago police department’s paranormal unit.

Astrid’s only hope of reinstatement lies with her ex co-worker and almost-lover, Lycan Mason Sanderson. But convincing the OWEA agent to let her assist with the investigation isn’t nearly as difficult as staying alive when the murderer realizes that Astrid may hold the key to unlocking his identity.

Fighting to take down a killer could have deadly consequences for Astrid and Mason, but working together puts their already fragile relationship in jeopardy.

Review:

Lycan Unleashed by Tiffany Allee
4 out of 5

So this delicious 3rd installment to this series was amazing!  I can’t help but gush about it, it was sooooooo good!

Characters

Astrid has some family secrets that have shaped her life to something of a loner.  With abandonment issues, plus her fear of rejection, in some ways Astrid over-questions and over-analyses people’s actions.  Plus, it seems that she always feels that she has something to prove.

Mason is a dark, brooding, and wounded lycan that you can’t help but want to figure out what is going on in his head.  Though, I will admit that his “big secret” wasn’t as major as I was thinking it was, I did see how he was someone who takes protecting his love ones pretty seriously. 

The Rest of the Book:

The mystery of who was killing supernaturals (specifically the vamp and succubi) was definitely interesting.  Also, Ms. Allee did a great job of showing how the minute details can make or break a case.

I think it was pretty cool how his transformation was described, plus how he was able to stay sane during his transformation and after in his Lycan body. 

I kind of wish that he had gotten more than a passing glance at previous characters.  They were the first characters that  I fell in love with in this series, and I wish I could have gotten a to do a little more catching up with them.

There are definitely several yummy hot scenes, and they make me smile, giggle and be happy.

I thinkthat Ms. Allee did an amazing job making this a standalone book.  You really don’t need to read the other books to read this one (but you had better do it!  Just because of how amazing you think I am.  :P).

Overall, this is a great book, and I loved it soo much that I’m sitting on pins and needles waiting on the next book.


Happy Reading!

Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!