Friday, April 5, 2013

Blood Rush by Ash Krafton


Description:

Sophie doesn't believe in happily ever after. These days, she'd settle for alive after sunrise. 

Advice columnist and newly-appointed oracle to the demivampire, Sophie Galen has more issues than a Cosmo collection: a new mentor with a mean streak, a werewolf stalker she can't shake, and a relationship with her ex's family that redefines the term complicated. And then there's her ex himself, who is more interested in playing leader of the vampire pack than in his own salvation. 

Becoming a better oracle is tough enough, but when Sophie encounters a deadly enemy - one she never dreamed of facing - it will take everything she's ever learned in order to survive.

Review:

Blood Rush by Ash Krafton
5 out of 5

If there is any book that you have to read this year, this book is it!  Full of suspense, action, mystery, and the undercurrents of romance, the unique paranormal world that Ms. Krafton has created will keep you on the edge of your seat until the very last sentence!

Characters:

So Sophie is struggling with a lot since the last book.  And all of that gets brought up and examined throughout the book.  Not much of it is pretty and a lot of it is guilt-ridden with her wondering if she could have saved those she has lost or could she have prevented it.  Honestly, this book feels like it is about Sophie’s redemption as much as it is about learning to be a Sophia. 

I did have a bit of a problem with Sophie and Rodrian.  I felt like they were cheating, specifically Sophie cheating on Marek.  I know that they are not together anymore, and that Rodrian is there for her… but, UGH!  This is not suppose to happen.

At first, I wasn’t sure how I felt about Eirene.  Every time she was in a scene, I kept thinking, “What a cold-hearted bitch!”  But then there was that twist that I definitely wasn’t expecting!  And I didn’t feel bad about my previous thoughts, just justified. 

Dorcas was one creepy character, and is definitely the complete opposite of Sophie and the Sophia.  I have a feeling we will be seeing her again quite soon.

Toby is definitely a cute character who gave us a better introduction to werewolves.  Also, I really enjoyed the combination of Toby and Dally.  I think they are really cute together.

I also think Toby is really one of the most self-less characters that I’ve read about in a long time.  He was willing to sacrifice his life for Sophie, to be a loving brother figure and to be a strong support during a hard time in Sophie’s life.  I loved that about him. 


Overall:

Oh my goodness! The description of a werewolf shifting was really, REALLY gross.  But I liked the fact that it was different from any other description I’ve read about.  Definitely unique.

I loved Toby’s description of the moon.  It almost reminded me of Heather Jensen’s vampire series.  It was very unique, and it really made me wish that I could have gone outside in the middle of nowhere and see if I could semi-experience what Toby did.

WHAT THE HELL WAS MAREK THINKING?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
First he dumps Sophie.  Then he avoids her for a year and a half.  Then he accuses her of doing things with his brother.  And then, THEN, he asks her to kill him!  WTF!  Why after all that crap she didn’t, I don’t know, but I think I might have killed him.  Scratch that… I would have done him the favor he was asking (and probably would regret it later).

I do think that the resolution for Marek was perfect.  Honestly, I didn’t see it coming and though it was not what I was hoping for, it was a perfect way to end Marek’s struggles.

I think this is a great book, though this book is a little darker than the first book.  I’m definitely looking forward to reading more by Ms. Krafton. Overall, this is a wonderful book, and I highly recommend it. 

Happy Reading!

Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!