Friday, March 22, 2013

This Same Earth by Elizabeth Hunter



Description:

Beatrice De Novo thought she had left the supernatural world behind…for the most part. But when the past becomes the present, will she leave her quiet life in Los Angeles to follow a mystery she thought had abandoned her? Where has Giovanni Vecchio been, and why has he returned? Giovanni has his own questions, and he’s looking to her for answers.

The sequel to A Hidden Fire will reunite Beatrice and Giovanni to continue their search through the past while both wrestle with the future. When the world as you knew it has changed forever, is there any way you can turn back?

Review:

This Same Earth by Elizabeth Hunter
5 out of 5

This book was absolutely delicious!  I mean, you have your mystery, your romancing, your heart breaking knowledge that because of decisions made the mystery has gone on longer than it needed to... It was amazing!  

So in the 2nd installment of the Elemental Mysteries Series, we have had several years pass since the first book.  Beatrice is older (and maybe wiser), Giovanni has been looking and investigating the book that they have been searching for, and a lot of changes have been happening in the world of vampires. 

Characters:

So Beatrice… She was not one of my favorite characters at first.  She kept holding a grudge, being whiney, and staying distant from Giovanni.  I was really juvenile and really irritating.  But slowly, as she came back around, she started to be one of my favorite characters. 

Giovanni was awesome.  Everything he did was with the plan to prove to Beatrice that he loved her and that he wasn’t going to leave again. That was really hot!

Overall:

I loved how we got to meet some more of Carwyn’s family.  It provided a bigger way to learn about Vampire families and how the whole things work.

Again, this book reminds me of how many ways I despise Lorenzo.  Ugh!  He does some pretty shitty things that make you want to kick his ass. 

Here we are lead into more of the mystery of the book that they are looking for and Stephan De Novo.  The book contains something important, but we aren’t exactly sure what it does, or what makes it important.  I liked how the mystery was the primary motive, but not the only movement in the novel.  There are definitely other little mysteries going on in this book. 

I will admit that I hated how this book started and ended.  But thankfully, I quickly got over it.  My only problem was that the beginning and the end of the book was written as a bunch of journal entries.  BLEH!  I don’t like reading journal entries (even ones that I wrote).  But since the journal entries were only at the beginning and the end, I easily was able to zoom through them without them affecting the overall opinion of the book.

Overall, this book was pretty awesome.  I’m so looking forward to reading more from this author.


Happy Reading!

Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!