Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Immortals And Melodies by Heather Jensen

Description:


I stared into the face of a vampire, fangs and all. But she was my vampire. And I was about to be hers. She bit her own wrist and lowered it to my open mouth. She spoke only one word. “Drink.”
Catalyst frontman Trey is no stranger to chaos, but even the life of a rock star couldn’t prepare him for the consequences of loving a vampire. Trey’s life is in danger; threatened by the very group he must join to stay alive. His struggle to continue his career and release a new album with the band is marred by events that force him to ask a powerful Synod Elder for help.
Aurora has to keep Trey alive until she can make him a vampire, but her own kind will stop at nothing to prevent it. The head of the Emissary is having her followed, and if she can’t figure out who is behind the violent attacks Trey might not make it to the full moon. As Aurora battles her own kind, she’s also plagued by the risk she’s taking by changing Trey. Will her moon-given power be enough to carry Trey through the change, or will he be left floating in the wake of destruction?


My Review:




My rating: 4 of 5 stars


So, we pick up literally just a little bit after the first book (What I'm guessing is about a week after the last chapter of the 1st book).  And let me tell you the action starts almost in the very first chapter and doesn't let up until the end.  Now it isn't one of those exhausting-non-stop actions.  Rather, it is quick action with breathers in between that allow for a great adrenaline rush before giving you a cool down. 


Personally, I love the characters, but I love Aurora better than Trey.  I think one of those reasons is because Aurora and I have similar personalities.  Second, Trey just seems too good to be true! I mean, what man breathing is really that romantic (I read one of the chapters and wanted to burst into tears because I knew I'd never meet a guy like that!)? I can't really think of one.


Another great thing in this book is the description of the change, and not just the process itself.  I loved reading Aurora's emotions and fears, plus seeing Trey's experience and what it felt for him.  It was almost beautiful, but it doesn't make me want to find a vampire who will make me one.  But it does sound a lot like other major changes in our normal mortal life.  


I really loved the surprise who-done-it.  It was definitely not one of the 2 that I thought it was. Always good when a twist comes and surprises the reader.  Plus, I thought the whole struggle for Aurora towards the end was a great way to keep the story going and let us get to know about Aurora and what made her who she is.  


Overall, I think this is a great story, and I highly recommend this series.  I'm really looking forward to reading more by Ms. Jensen.  


Happy Reading!


Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!