Monday, February 17, 2014

Blood and Sand by Elizabeth Hunter


Description:

Dead women are showing up in the desert east of San Diego, and no one understands why. When the story comes to the attention of reporter Natalie Ellis, she can't help but make comparisons to the tragic deaths she'd investigated years ago. Are these women the victims of a serial killer, or something even more insidious?

Bodies may be piling up in his sire's territory, but water vampire and feared enforcer, Baojia, is stuck entertaining the rich and clueless at a club in San Diego. He's taken his exile with all the grace he could muster, but his patience is starting to thin.

Sparks fly when mortal and immortal are thrown together, and Natalie comes face to face with a reality that was lurking in the corners of her life. Pursuing the truth could cost Baojia everything, including the mortal woman who has earned his grudging respect.

BLOOD AND SAND is the second novel in the expanded Elemental World series by Elizabeth Hunter, author of the best-selling Elemental Mysteries.

Review:
Blood and Sand by Elizabeth Hunter
5 out of 5

Baojia was my favorite secondary character in the 3rd book of the Elemental Mystery series.  He was a patient teacher, a silent companion, and a great supporter of Beatrice.  I was glad that he didn't get with Beatrice, if only for the fact that I liked Natalie so much and that Gio is my favorite Italian vampire!

I love Natalie so much.  She is strong-willed, brave, and has such a unique point of view of the supernatural.  In some ways, she is too stubborn for her own good.  But in the end, she does the right thing for Baojia.  

I want to know who keeps making the Elixir!  WTF!  Will we ever find out?  Will they ever be stopped?  Will they ever find a cure for the humans?  Ack!  I have more questions that must be answered!  
The whole crew that you loved from the Elemental Mystery are back.  Gio, Beatrice, Carwyn, & Tenzin are all in this book.  Plus Brigid, and some new characters that you can't help but enjoy.  This is definitely an active character book.  


Overall, this is an AWESOME book!  I loved it, and I can't wait to read the next book in this series!  I highly recommend this book and the other series by Ms. Hunter!

Happy Reading!

Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!