Monday, February 24, 2014

Souless by Gail Carriger

Soulless (Parasol Protectorate, #1)

Description:

First, she has no soul. Second, she's a spinster whose father is both Italian and dead. Third, she was rudely attacked by a vampire, breaking all standards of social etiquette.

Where to go from there? From bad to worse apparently, for Alexia accidentally kills the vampire - and then the appalling Lord Maccon (loud, messy, gorgeous, and werewolf) is sent by Queen Victoria to investigate.

With unexpected vampires appearing and expected vampires disappearing, everyone seems to believe Alexia responsible. Can she figure out what is actually happening to London's high society? Will her soulless ability to negate supernatural powers prove useful or just plain embarrassing? Finally, who is the real enemy, and do they have treacle tart?

Review:

Souless by Gail Carriger
5 out of 5

Oh, this book was delicious!  Like a wonderful tea cake, I can't help but love this book.  


Alexia is a character that I can totally relate to!  She is strong willed, sharp tongued, intelligent, and curious to a fault.  I love that!  And when she was investigating I knew what ever the trouble she was going to get into was going to end up being hilarious in one point or another.  

Conall is a dream... You can't have a better combination than Earl, werewolf, and Scottish!  Oh and the verbal combat that Alexia and he engaged in is wonderful.

Lord Akeldama was a delightful addition to this book.  As the source of all the good gossip as well as being a delightful conversationalist, he keeps the book very interesting and lively.  


I absolutely loved the mystery of the missing roves and loners, the appearances of the new roves, the waxy man, and the attempts to kidnap Alexia.  You keep guessing until the very end.  

Honestly, this is one of the best books I've read in a long time... I highly recommend it, and I personally can't wait to read more by Ms. Carriger.  

Happy Reading!

Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!