Sunday, January 20, 2013

Audio Book Review: A Hunger Like No Other by Kresley Cole



Description:

A mythic warrior who'll stop at nothing to possess her . . .

After enduring years of torture from the vampire horde, Lachlain MacRieve, leader of the Lykae Clan, is enraged to find the predestined mate he's waited millennia for is a vampire. Or partly one. This Emmaline is a small, ethereal half Valkyrie/half vampire, who somehow begins to soothe the fury burning within him.

A vampire captured by her wildest fantasy . . .

Sheltered Emmaline Troy finally sets out to uncover the truth about her deceased parents -- until a powerful Lykae claims her as his mate and forces her back to his ancestral Scottish castle. There, her fear of the Lykae -- and their notorious dark desires -- ebbs as he begins a slow, wicked seduction to sate her own dark cravings. 

An all-consuming desire . . .

Yet when an ancient evil from her past resurfaces, will their desire deepen into a love that can bring a proud warrior to his knees and turn a gentle beauty into the fighter she was born to be?

Review:

A Hunger Like No Other by Kresley Cole
4 out of 5

What a HOT Book!  So glad I read it in December instead of the heat of summer. I might have bursted into flames! 

While I was reading/listening to this book, I will admit I went back and forth.  At first I was like, “Oh my goodness, he won’t do that!”  Then I was like, “Oh no!  He will!  Don’t do it!”  and then I was like, “Damn it!  Just do it already!” 

Emma is a wonderfully unlikely hero.  Actually, I think she is the character who grows the most.  At first she is a weak, scares easily and was really a pathetic creature.  But in the end, she becomes a strong, brave and vibrant Valkyrie/Vampire.  I loved that about her!

Lachlain is one yummy lakae.  Yes, he has been tortured for 150 years… yes, he is slightly crazy because of it… But whenever he growled “Mine”, I melted for Emma!  Hmmm, that is how I want my man to do it.  J

I loved the mythology of this book.  You have Scottish, Norse, Greek, and a few more, and all of it blended almost seamlessly.  I thought it was refreshing to see Ms. Coles takes on vamps, Valkyries and vampires. 

The one thing I have to say though is this book is aggressive.  I’m not sure how much more to say about that. Lachlain is aggressive, and after his torture, everything he does seems to be the “I’m going to do this before I die” kind of mentality.  Sometimes the scenes are a bit overly aggressive to the point that you might wince or wonder what kind of book you are reading.  But press on, there is light at the end of the tunnel and the aggressiveness of the book does get toned down by the end.

So, moving on… This book has a lot of highs, lows, and definitely some sexy moments.  I thoroughly enjoyed this book.  Highly recommend.   

Happy Reading!

Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!