Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Changeling Dream by Dani Harper

Description
In times of stress Jillian Descharme has always found calm in her dream of a great white wolf with haunting blue eyes. But she is startled when the visions return and this time seem so real. Late at night he comes to her, speaks to her, touches her. It's almost as if he's alive... 

Thirty years ago James Macleod lost his wife and unborn child to a killer bent on destroying the Changelings. Though he longed for death, his animal instinct fought for survival and James has been a wolf ever since. Yet now a woman has reawakened the man in him, taming wild instincts but arousing still wilder needs. With his ancient enemy hunting the legendary white wolf, James must fight for new life, new hope, new love.

My Review





Changeling Dream (Changeling, #2)

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


So, this is the 2nd book I won from Bending the Spine (http://bendingthespine.blogspot.com/), and I must say that I LOVED this book! I've always had a facination with wolves, and Dani Harper does a wonderful job making me love wolves even more.

This book picks up several years after the first book. James lost his family 30 years ago, but still hasn't healed from the loss. He has stayed in wolf form for 30 years, and when he finally changes back, he has a hard time adjust (but then again who wouldn't?). Jillian is a vet who moves to town, but has for years seen the wolf-James after he rescued her from her rapist/attackers. As they work through the troubles of loving each other and the attempted murders of both Jillian and the changelings, you are taken for the ride of your life.

For me, this book is about healing, and does a good job of showing that from James point of view. Jillian is still healing, but is closer to the point of being healed, giving a wonderful spectrum of that there can be hope and healing after tragedy. There was the one predictable moment, but then Ms. Harper gives it a twist, and you have no clue where it is going with it.

I can honestly say that I had a lot of laughing moments, which were wonderful, and a few yelling-at-the-characters-because-they-are-being-stupid moments.



Highly recommend, definitely worth a re-read.

Cana

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!