Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Luminosity by Stephanie Thomas


Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is: 





Description:
My name is Beatrice. When I was born, I was blessed with the Sight. I was immediately removed from my parents and enrolled in the Institution. At the age of twelve, I had my first true vision, earning my raven’s wings. And when I turned seventeen, one of my visions came true. Things haven’t been the same since. 

The Institution depends on me to keep the City safe from our enemy, the Dreamcatchers, but I’m finding it harder to do while keeping a secret from everyone, including my best friend Gabe. It is a secret that could put us all in danger. A secret that could kill me and everyone close to me. 

The enemy has been coming to me in my dreams, and I think I'm falling in love with him. He says they're coming. He says they're angry. And I think I've already helped them win

Coming out on November 13, 2012

Why?
  1. Definitely a distopian novel based on supernatural gifts.  
  2. The raven wings (obviously what is on her eyes) seem like a great way to point out those with the sight, and make it impossible for someone to escape. 
  3. Nothing like the heroine falling for the bad guy. But is he really the bad guy?
  4. Beautiful cover.  Of course, the monochromatic in blask/blues/whites just makes it eerily beautiful.  
What are you waiting for?

Happy Reading!

Cana

1 comment:

  1. Ooh nice! Been seeing this a lot lately! Hope you love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!