Sunday, November 25, 2012

Blood Eternal by Marie Treanor



Description:
Despite the growing passion that unites them, all is not well between Elizabeth and Saloman. She refuses to follow him as he builds his influence among the human population and consolidates his rule over the vampire world. A shocking revolt is just the latest crisis that's call him away. 

But under Saloman's regime, vampires have become less concerned with secrecy. And after he joins forces with vampire hunters, Elizabeth begins to understand the inevitable collision of the two worlds. She could be a conduit between humanity and the undead-is she can manage to play both sides and stay alive...

My Review:


My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I loved this book, just as much as I loved the other books!  Ohmygoodness!  I mean, since the first book, I’ve been dying to see what would happen with the prophecy in regards to Elizabeth and Salomon.  I have personally thought of every single possible way it could turn out with a happy ending or a sad ending, or even a “What the Heck!” ending, but let me tell you, I had in no way thought of the ending Ms. Treanor had.  I loved how Ms. Treanor turned a very dire sounding prophecy into something that made a wonderfully happy ending.

So what else made this book so wonderful?

Elizabeth:
  •             Poor girl, she is still having to make more decisions… And it is still primarily between the Hunters and Salomon.  But now, you add the danger of Luk, and you wonder if she will even make it.  I mean, will she make the right decision?
  •       It does seem for her there is almost as much doubt about her relationship with Salomon as in the first 2 books, but she honestly seems happier.  But she quickly makes a decision, and realizes that she is with the person she is suppose to be with.
  •         I loved the discovery that she is more important than even the prophecy makes her out to be.  She holds a greater power than she could ever imagine. 


Salomon:
  • You see a more emotional, almost human side to him.  His love for Luk, his love for Elizabeth, and the love he has for the few others in his life seem to make him a more well-rounded character. 

  • I loved getting to see his protectiveness, his love towards Elizabeth, and his desire to show Elizabeth her worth.  He, in his own way, is trying to show his love and earn and keep Elizabeth and her love, even if it isn’t the nicest way of showing her.
  • I think it is great how Salomon is trying to change the world, how he is trying to save people, to make vampire and humans come together to work in unity to a better world.  I still think his ideas are almost too ideal, and it is going to be harder than even he thinks.  But, overall, it does sound like a wonderful idea.


Luk:
  • Poor Luk.  He is insane, and then he had to be woken by that stupid ass Dante to this crazy modern world after several centuries, and that seems to only make it worse.  Unfortunately, with his behavior, you can’t figure out whether to pity him or despise him.  Of course, then there are actually times when you truly hate him because of some of the horrible things he does.  
  •  I like how, in some ways, Luk is actually the catalyst for the whole series, and how everything stems from him and his prophecies.  And I think that it is a fresh idea. 


Other things I loved:

  • I love how we got to learn more about the Ancients in this book.  The gifts they had, what they could do, how they had left their genetics, dormant, in some modern humans, and how it is possible that those genes could come into dominance due to stress or certain circumstances. 
  • I loved! Loved! Loved! Loved Elizabeth’s speech to the hunters before the big battle.  It was a great and inspiring speech that might lead to good human and vampire relations. 


Overall, this is an amazing book, a great read, and I’m dying to read more by Ms. Treanor!  Highly Recommend!


Happy Reading!

Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!