Thursday, September 4, 2014

The Darkest Craving by Gena Showalter


Description:

Having endured weeks of torture in the bowels of hell, Kane wants nothing to do with his beautiful rescuer, Josephina Aisling. The half-Fae female threatens to awaken the demon of Disaster inside him—a beast he’s determined to kill, no matter the price. 

Josephina is hunted by a brutal enemy—her royal family—and Kane is her only source of protection. He’s also the only male to ever set her aflame, and even he succumbs to the heat. But as they navigate the treacherous world of the Fae, they are forced to make a choice: live apart…or die together.

Review:
The Darkest Craving by Gena Showalter

5 out of 5

This book starts out so dark.  The trauma that Kane has experienced was horrible.  The fact that he keeps having flashbacks makes it so much worse.  PTSD is such a bitch, especially when you've finally met the person you want to be with.  


I think meeting the fae was very interesting.  Their love of the Lords of the Underworld almost rivals my friends and my love for them!  LOL!  Only Ms. Showalter would give her fans a competition with other fictional characters for their love of her main fictional characters!  But beyond that, the rules, the statuses, the blood slaves, and the royalty of the fae are a far cry from what we would call normal.  The conniving backstabbing, the blatant flirting, and the rules of conduct will keep you guessing who to trust.  

OMGoodness!  Lazarus... The pairing rod... Cameo... Speechlessness!  But I do hope that a lot of good stuff will come from and with these shockers!

Leopold is such an ass.  But I do wonder why?  And when it is revealed why the king doesn't like him and why he feels so obsessed with Josephina explains a lot of his behavior.  And it makes me feel sorry for him.  

What the heck is Disaster's problem?  Argh!  I mean, all the other demons generally deal with the other women, why can't he?  Stupid demon!

Poor Torin!  Torturing himself with an hour a day for 24 days with this unnamed girl is beyond necessary.  I don't think he is being fair to himself, and then the worst can happen, and he freaks out.  I really can't wait to see what happens with his book, because I hope all of it works out.  

Josephina (aka Tink, which is what I prefer to call her) is kinda a cool character.  She has a Cinderella story, if Cinderella were spunky and half fae.  I did love the transformation of her character, it was absolutely beautiful.  

I will say the whole Queen thing was a shock.... Plus, what happens to White & the Rainbow Rejects was a shock too.  Kind of scary really, and it definitely added a twist to the story.  

Poor Gilly.  Her determination to be like the Lords and their ladies, her love for William, and her craving to be loved back is going to get her hurt.  But whether that will benefit her or not is yet to be seen.  I do hope it all works out.  

Poor, poor Kane.  I know I keep saying that, but it's true.  His desire to kill Disaster no matter the cost to himself is heartbreaking.  I did love how he would do anything for Tink.  And how he showed her how wonderful and beautiful she is, that made me smile.  

My only problem with this book was how quick after Hell that Kane got over his PTSD issues.  That didn't feel right.  

Awesome twist in the end.  So didn't see that coming.  Loved it!  

Overall, this is such an amazing & perfect read!  I highly recommend this book and this series!
Happy Reading!

Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!